WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

8 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Comments like this, not even necessarily about deadpool, just in general, have always annoyed the shit out of me.

Yeah, Deadpool was always more of a satire / sendoff of Deathstroke more then he was actually ripoff. An intentional homage you might say. Kinda like Thanos with Darkseid.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I know this thing is massive, but does anyone else feel this way sometimes: it always takes a while for a massive hit like this to sink in just how massive it is. Like for me right now, I haven't really even comprehended that this is out-opening the likes of Man of Steep and Guardiand etc. 

Itll take a while to sink in for me. Like for example, I'm still coming to terms at how JW opened higher than avengers. Like, it just hasn't gotten through to my head yet.

I was just thinking about this. The same thing happened to me with JW and American Sniper. 

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Hmm. No. It definitely can happen. Deadpool will outgross Man of Steel's three day, it'll probably have far better drops due to word of mouth and if Batman v Superman is divisive again, I can see it happening. I don't see Batman v Superman opening as big as the 190m-200m projections are saying. I'm thinking $160m 3 day. If it's divisive and Deadpool keeps going, well, it has a real shot of that happening.

The possibility is barely there in the US but you didn't present an argument here worldwide.

So what will be the film to knock Deadpool out of number one?

Let's see:
2/19-Risen is the only major release (Okay 2 other films but really not much for them), I see Risen with a 25M OW.

2/26-Unless if Gods of Egypt is somehow big, Deadpool should remain number one.

3/4-Zootopia comes in, looks like this will be the film.

Which means now-every film to be number one this year will have been made by either Fox, Disney or Universal.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Yeah, Deadpool was always more of a satire / sendoff of Deathstroke more then he was actually ripoff. An intentional homage you might say. Kinda like Thanos with Darkseid.

Right! Most characters are inspired from somewhere else anyway so said comment can be said about almost anything 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

and 2015 not another comic book movie but most thought AOU was a lock for top 2 finish. 

I get what you mean but I meant one comic film blowing another out of the water that was not expected or stealing another's thunder. No one expected IM to do what it did, and then TDK came along and blew it out of the water. The Dark Knight Rises was the most anticipated film of ALL TIME and then The Avengers came along and notarecord which lead to people thinking TDKR could do 200M on ow too but it was just not meant to be. Finally out of all the super hero films opening in 2014, GOTG was not expected to be the highest grossing film much less almost the highest grossing film of that year. ASM on the other hand, was expected to do very well, Sony was expecting one bilion in fact but every other film left it in the dust.

So even though BvS and CW are both expected to do well, I can not rule out the possibility of Deadpool or Suicide Squad or fuck, even Dr. Strange making more than it. The precedent has already been set in the past for huge upsets in the genre.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's Valentines, movies always have minimal drops or increases 

But remember The Walking Dead also returns tomorrow with whats supposed to be an action packed premiere. The two properties definitely share the same audience. 

It's not a huge fight (like AOU dealt with) but it is a big deal to a lot of people (myself included). I don't think it drops that hard.

Edited by somebody85

1 minute ago, cheesypoofs said:

Right! Most characters are inspired from somewhere else anyway so said comment can be said about almost anything 

deadpool/deathstoke

ghost rider/specie 

black cat/cat woman

list goes on.

d/c and marvel got thing for mirroring each other. 

I still think deadpool better than deathstroke even if he is my fav d/c male character.