WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

They could bring Fan Bingbing back. She was pretty cool looking in her brief DOFP cameo.

If they are setting up X-Force, and assuming they want it to be in the present while the X-Men films continue to jump decades, then you'd have to have a team that's mostly separate from those. So no Psylocke, probably: Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Copycat, and sure, Blink.

Blink is the best part about DOFP imo, along with Quicksilver.

Really a shame that she isn't coming back for Apocalypse!

2 hours ago, DamienRoc said:

So no Psylocke, probably: Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Copycat, and sure, Blink.

Both Blinki and Colossus were in the other x men movies so don't see why Psylockie couldn't be in it.

I still hope if they do x force they do uncanny x force.

It was a very well done comic with Deadpool/logan/psylockie/archangel

1 minute ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Both Blinki and Colossus were in the other x men movies so don't see why Psylockie couldn't be in it.

Blink and Colossus were in the present-day/future timelines.

Psylocke is in Apocalypse which takes place 1983/84

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Blink and Colossus were in the present-day/future timelines.

From Fox own mouth deadpool is in the middle of future and age of apocalypse.

Also got cable who can just bring back anyone to any time with him. 

Plus to make a good x force even if it's not uncanny one you need more of x men that are in age of apocalypse.

So they can just say it doesn't take place in that timeline and it part of it own timeline. 

3 hours ago, kitik said:

Without a doubt, Colossus had a better role in this movie than in all previous X-Men movies added up together.

He's going to be the lucky recipient of a Deadpool bump in future X-Men films, where he'll almost certainly get a bigger part than he would have a year ago. (Well, if they can figure out a proper film that he would fit into timeline-wise I suppose.)

Just do an X-Force movie with Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Copycat and Gambit. That's what I'd build up to if I were Fox.

Well, I'm not a studio head tho, so it might be a bad idea

15 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Just do an X-Force movie with Deadpool, Cable, Colossus, Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Copycat and Gambit. That's what I'd build up to if I were Fox.

Gambit weren't fit in x force mind set same with warhead.

Cable/copycat/deadpool/colossue are memebers of the team.

40 minutes ago, drakeyuuhi said:

Following the comics isn't a good plan. They should build from the core of what they have and go from there. DP, Colossus, and Negasonic are that core. Cable and Copycat (assuming Vanessa is developed that way) are good, sensible additions.

Psylocke doesn't make sense, IMO, because she's a popular character and if she is well done in XMA she can become a core point of the X-Men films going forward, which would mitigate the need for Wolverine every time. She doesn't add anything to a DP-centered lineup.

Logan is not happening. The X-films are already criticized for being too Wolverine focused. And Jackman may like the character, but he doesn't seem inclined to play him forever. He's also expensive.

In my opinion, if they are going with a six member lineup, the last should be a woman. Blink adds some good diversity, and is pretty much a blank slate otherwise so they can craft her as needed. Other options, such as Domino and Boom-Boom, wouldn't be bad, but those roles seem filled by Copycat and Negasonic.

5 hours ago, Gamb1993 said:

Though why they didn't make a joke about him becoming Russian I've no idea. Maybe too predictable? Or not enough people knew/cared he was American before?

Agreed -- they should have embraced that meta-joke, as well.  But I'll tell you, first-hand at the end of my screening tonight, overheard a group of guys talking, one said how much he liked that character, another one had to tell him who Colossus was, because he didn't know.  I don't think Singer/Cudmore's version really registered with much of the general audience...and he's definitely not remembered.  So this version really is like seeing him for the first time!   

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

I hear deadpool is doing well in China.

Are you talking domestically or worldwide? Because to become the highest grossing R rated movie ever, the T2 re-release would have to do about 170 mill or so domestically or about 230 worldwide. Both of those seem highly implausible. 

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Are you talking domestically or worldwide? Because to become the highest grossing R rated movie ever, the T2 re-release would have to do about 170 mill or so domestically or about 230 worldwide. Both of those seem highly implausible. 

Just so you know I think it will make over 230 worldwide.

6 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

How is 230M worldwide "highly implausible"? You know Genisys did 113M in China right?

The Titanic 3D release did like 150M in China... not based on a predecessor. 230M worldwide for Terminator is perfectly possible - assuming it's a full wide release etc.