WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

This movie 4-day OW is gonna over above Alice in Wonderland 3D, Man of Steel 3D, Fast & Furious 6, Days of Future Past 3D, X-Men 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 3D, Iron Man and The Winter Soldier 3D. I am not sure if people are understanding what is happening here. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I just want to know how Norm is doing

I think RTH mentioned Norm would probably come in somewhere in the $8-16 range, depending on whether or not you're personally going to go see it in addition to the guy in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

The lack of (relative) celebration over these numbers leads me to believe quite a few on here were rooting against Deadpool... Delicious. History in the making folks.

dunno about anyone else but for me, the reason there's no shock/celebratory response is that 90-100M weekend has been what I was expecting for the past few weeks. So the numbers not really a surprise.

Wow that number is astonishing. I can't really even believe that! This was not supposed to be such a big movie even just 2 months ago. It really exploded recently. I know so many people who thought it would be terrible at first, and for me it was like another Guardians of the Galaxy kind of trailer. I thought, ok, either this is going to be absolutely amazing and original or it's going to be absolutely terrible. I loved GOTG and it turned out to be a TON of fun, and everyone I know loved it too, but after the trailer we were kind of laughing like, "Uhh... Marvel? Whatcha doing there?" lol. 

So $100M three-day is very likely it seems, and quite a bit more four-day, dang. That's kind of insane. 

It'll be one of the highest grossing R-rated movies ever.

• Like 2

Just now, CJohn said:

This movie is gonna over above Man of Steel 3D, Days of Future Past 3D, X3, Guardians of the Galaxy 3D, Iron Man and The Winter Soldier 3D. I am not sure if people are understanding what is happening here. 

Too many desensitized from TFA? 100% correct, this is the biggest upside surprise since AS without a doubt. 

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

It was crap, glad the GA seems to have had enough of that franchise. Apocalypse won't be anything special in terms of reception & gross as well.

It was pretty good. 

Haven't seen Deadpool yet (Monday).

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

They didn't want to journey to the line in the sunshine along the way to kashmir.

Fox will need to up the overused trailer music if they want to stand a chance with Apocalypse.

• Like 1