WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

57 minutes ago, Rth said:

44—46

Yeah this really brokeout way huger then I was expecting. I knew it would be big but not this big. Definitely not over Guardians Of The Galaxy. Honestly thought the R rating would hold it back even though Deadpool was everywhere.

I think more studios are going to try the online marketing game this played. It clearly payed off in a gigantic way.

Really stoked for this movie and especially Ryan Reynolds.

Edited by somebody85

The thread title needs to be updated. I thought that a west coast bump could happen too.

I wonder how front loaded this will be. To recap:
Cinemascore - A
Deadline reports it got glowing reactions with that other source they were using, similar to TFA
Flixster - 96% - 4.6/5
IMDB - 8.8
RT - 84%

I've seen nothing but positive reactions on Twitter too. I haven't seen a comedy this well received since The Hangover or Ted.

I don't think this is going to fall as quickly as some think it will. It's got to have massively good WOM.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I'd go with Pitch Perfect 2 and Furious 7 over Deadpool in that category.

I guess I agree - I mean if you can convince people to see Pitch Perfect 2 after what a horrible piece of shit the first was, THAT is marketing of the century material right there.

In all seriousness though it's fun and exciting to see Deadpool doing so well! It'll be fun to follow this run and see the darn movie. I can't wait now!

Whoooooa. This is incredible. And there was actually a question in the winter game asking whether this will be able to cross 35m on its OW :lol: 

What Kind of OW does this mean? Going by this -http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2010-02-14&p=.htm - Friday was the lowest day of the weekend for every single movie. Going by that this means we are getting a 145-155m OW!!!! With this being a 4 day weekend and this recieving glowing reactions from virtually everywhere, an OW of atleast 2.5 shouldn't be that tough ...which would mean a 375m final gross!!!

9 minutes ago, Infernus said:

What Kind of OW does this mean? Going by this -http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2010-02-14&p=.htm - Friday was the lowest day of the weekend for every single movie. Going by that this means we are getting a 145-155m OW!!!!

The number includes 12M in Thursday previews, it's not going to be the lowest day of the weekend

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Infernus said:

Whoooooa. This is incredible. And there was actually a question in the winter game asking whether this will be able to cross 35m on its OW :lol: 

What Kind of OW does this mean? Going by this -http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2010-02-14&p=.htm - Friday was the lowest day of the weekend for every single movie. Going by that this means we are getting a 145-155m OW!!!! With this being a 4 day weekend and this recieving glowing reactions from virtually everywhere, an OW of atleast 2.5 shouldn't be that tough ...which would mean a 375m final gross!!!

Whoa..... the 44-46m figure has Thursday previews included......

More reasonable to expect would be:

FRI: 45M

SAT: 32-35M

SUN: 32-35M

So 110-115M weekend. I agree that 2.5x is achievable, since the first direct competition is 6 weeks away. That gives it around 280M.

If it can somehow reach 300M and beat "Man of Steel", that would be like the story of the decade.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The47th said:

The minimum budget makes it all even more impressive. This film is going to be insanely profitable.

DP will double it's production budget over the 4-day Dom ow. So considering studios get ~50% of the gross that budget is covered.

I think by week 1 it's WW gross will have covered the marketing budget too.

Then the rest of theatrical WW gross is all gravy with auxiliary revenue still to come.

They probably will fund the sequel and market it, entirely from the profits of this one.

• Like 2