kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Branson said:

Yes, the embargo can be pushed up, but that's not the information we have now.

We might as well not have any information right now because that statement being made with a month and a half to go is meaningless. If that were said with two weeks to go, then it would mean something.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

We might as well not have any information right now because that statement being made with a month and a half to go is meaningless. If that were said with two weeks to go, then it would mean something.

I repeat-Yes, the embargo can be pushed up, but that's not the information we have now.

This reminds me of when Woner Woman had its embargo on the Wednesday before release and everyone assumed it wasn't good despite the things we'd heard about it. 

Embargoes move around all the time. This film has screened for some critics already so Lionsgate is waiting for the best time to lift the embargo. It won't be on the 18th either 

6 hours ago, Nova said:

This reminds me of when Woner Woman had its embargo on the Wednesday before release and everyone assumed it wasn't good despite the things we'd heard about it. 

Embargoes move around all the time. This film has screened for some critics already so Lionsgate is waiting for the best time to lift the embargo. It won't be on the 18th either 

2 different scenario

Wonder Woman had full awareness and could have worked in a world without reviews and was a Warner Brother movie, their embargo date famously are useless from prediction in recent year's, from MadMax, to Dunkirk that was obviously going to get good critics to Wonder Woman, by having late embargo for everything they removed that element a little bit.

This movie need reviews more than a franchise SH with an over 120m world P&A and it is not a WB release.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

2 different scenario

Wonder Woman had full awareness and could have worked in a world without reviews and was a Warner Brother movie, their embargo date famously are useless from prediction in recent year's, from MadMax, to Dunkirk that was obviously going to get good critics to Wonder Woman, by having late embargo for everything they removed that element a little bit.

This movie need reviews more than a franchise SH with an over 120m world P&A and it is not a WB release.

You're not getting it. I wasn't talking about reception. I was talking about how WB ended up moving the embargo date for WW. One minute it was the Wednesday before release and the next minute they sent out an email pushing it up. 

The point is studios set embargoes for their releases way ahead of time and then adjust the embargo for it the closer the release date gets there. There are a few films that will have reviews up months in advance but that's not the norm and quite frankly I don't think helps a film anyways. Because folks see the review, then see it comes out way later and then forget about the movie. See Atomic Blonde and how it had a ton of hype...hype which died out by the time it came out. 

Anyways the norm is for a studio to set their embargo date and then as the release date gets closer they adjust it. That's all my previous post was. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

You're not getting it. I wasn't talking about reception. I was talking about how WB ended up moving the embargo date for WW. One minute it was the Wednesday before release and the next minute they sent out an email pushing it up. 

It was moving the embargo date by like less than 24 hours and it was a couple of hours before the movie started to play in major market, it was still an almost as late as possible embargo lift.

My point is that many didn't assume that is was bad because of the embargo date, because it was a WB release, same for Dunkirk late embargo release or Force Awaken, everyone reasonable take the context/studio into account.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It was moving the embargo date by like less than 24 hours and it was a couple of hours before the movie started to play in major market, it was still an almost as late as possible embargo lift.

My point is that many didn't assume that is was bad because of the embargo date, because it was a WB release, same for Dunkirk late embargo release or Force Awaken, everyone reasonable take the context/studio into account.

Again I said nothing about reception. I said people still assumed that WW would be "bad" because of the late embargo even though as we both know WB always sets that as the embargo which again proves my point. Studios set embargo dates and change them whenever they please. And sometimes they don't change the embargo. That's all I meant by it. 

This movie doesnt come out for another two weeks and a half. As we get closer, and more critics have seen the film, I expect the  embargo to be moved up. Now if we are one week out or so and they still haven't moved the embargo, that's when I would start to question the quality of the film. Just my two cents/opinion. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

I said people still assumed that WW would be "bad" because of the late embargo even though as we both know WB always sets that as the embargo which again proves my point

And I disagree (depending by what you mean by people), me and I would assume most people that follow embargo release date didn't assume anything by Wonder Woman embargo date, because as we both know it mean little to nothing when it come to WB blockbuster, they always do this independently of the movie quality (you seem to agree with me, we probably agree with each others).

I also agree that we need to wait for the final embargo date, that the temps one is not the best indicator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

And I disagree (depending by what you mean by people), me and I would assume most people that follow embargo release date didn't assume anything by Wonder Woman embargo date, because as we both know it mean little to nothing when it come to WB blockbuster, they always do this independently of the movie quality (you seem to agree with me, we probably agree with each others).

I also agree that we need to wait for the final embargo date, that the temps one is not the best indicator.

Please go look at the WW thread when the embargo was announced for the Wednesday before release and see the reactions lol You're a regular here so I know you remember how bad the forums were then :lol:

You and I (and others who know how this works) don't think like the typical fanboy/troll. We both know that the embargo date had nothing to do with anything AND that WB could move it whenever they pleased. 

Maybe using WW was a bad example but the only reason why I used it was to show that a studio can pretty much change the embargo date for their film whenever they want...even if it's last minute. 

• Like 2

Movies like WW doesn't need a good RT score to make a billion dollars, so the embargo date does matter.

If HB embargo is lifted on Wednesday August 16, that's still very close to the release.

Other movies like Detroit and Logan Lucky were happy to have an early embargo lift. Because they knew they had good movies.

• Like 1