WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Looks like JJ Abrams and the 10 Cloverfield Lane marketing team are trying to do damage control to prevent bad word of mouth from Cloverfield fans once they watch the movie

Kind of reminiscent of Del Toro basically screaming that Crimson Peak was a Gothic Romance and not a horror movie in the 2 weeks leading up to release.

They are hurting the movie's box office by doing this.

Just now, grey ghost said:

I doubt Power Rangers has Bayformers potential and I don't blame LG for not spending 175 m to find out. That's a huge gamble for them.

They spent 140M on Gods of Egypt lol. They should at least give Power Rangers a 100M budget.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DAR said:

Note to self when doing the derby maybe actually pay attention to the Box Office  I predicted 25 million for Eddie the Eagle

If you had followed up "Note to self" with "after a long day at work, I don't wanna see that" then this would've been my favorite post ever.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TLK said:

I think there is a chance that GoE falls under $10 million. The recent pattern is that when movies start tanking, they tank hard.

I wonder if social media has something to do with it.

Information moves faster than ever before and more and more people are connected.

Same for Deadpool but for good wom.

Gods of Egypt is flopping even here, in Portugal, where these fantasy epics always do good money. Our distributor did an impressive marketing campaign for it. I am shocked tbh. 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Gods of Egypt is flopping even here, in Portugal, where these fantasy epics always do good money. Our distributor did an impressive marketing campaign for it. I am shocked tbh. 

Portugal finally wised up.:ph34r:

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Portugal finally wised up.:ph34r:

It would be very good for our box office if we not wised up. A big hit on Gods of Egypt was desperately needed to end February on a high note and start March strongly. Instead Deadpool and Zootopia will carry the box office this weekend but next weekend there are majors problems because one of the biggest soccer games of the year happens on Saturday night and every bit of help was needed, the drops are gonna be huge for everything except Zootopia.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Nah. You giving them to much credit :P

Plz, we need stupid comedies and fantasy bombs to continue to be hits here. Next Grimsby will fail to match Dirty Grandpa, I hope not, Dirty Grandpa has stupid legs and was ridiculously big here, Grimsby must go higher or March is screwed. :kitschjob: 

3 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I can see it now opening just in the teens or worse. Will still make them a ton of cash however.

GA doesn't read interviews online. They don't care. When they find out it will be too late for them :kitschjob: 

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

I wonder if social media has something to do with it.

Information moves faster than ever before and more and more people are connected.

Same for Deadpool but for good wom.

Is anyone even talking about Gods of Egypt on Social Media so much that it will start tanking the movie? :thinking: