WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

She's made her career as being an expert who has carved a career out of being hired by parents who have grown sons still living at home (because they have low self-esteem) and want them out so they get her to meet them and start a relationship with them that reaches the point to where they move out of their parents' house and then she dumps them after her mission is accomplished. It's as odd as it sounds.

Amazing. :rofl: 

Just now, Telemachos said:

Amazing. :rofl: 

There is a scene where she is taking a Star Wars geek played by Patton Oswalt out for lunch who still lives at home and attempts to bond with him over Star Wars fanfiction before he runs away as she tries making a move and is caught by BFF Justin Bartha. The movie is probably strange as fuq now.

• Like 1

What's amazing is that as bizarre as it sounds, Failure to Launch is probably not even the strangest mainstream comedy of ten years ago. That probably goes to John Tucker Must Die, a movie in which the three ex-girlfriends of serial cheating high school student Jesse Metcalfe team up with new girl in school Brittany Snow to take him down by putting him through all sorts of embarrassments like spiking his warm him up drink before the big basketball game with estrogen pills (causing him to act like an overly emotional girl during the big game) and making him sneak into the hotel room of a teacher wearing nothing a red thong. And at the same time Snow becomes friends with and develops romantic sparks with Metcalfe's brother Penn Badgley, who the movie asks us to believe is meant to be seen as "The Other One" just because he has long hair. Good god.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's amazing is that as bizarre as it sounds, Failure to Launch is probably not even the strangest mainstream comedy of ten years ago. That probably goes to John Tucker Must Die, a movie in which the three ex-girlfriends of serial cheating high school student Jesse Metcalfe team up with new girl in school Brittany Snow to take him down by putting him through all sorts of embarrassments like spiking his warm him up drink before the big basketball game with estrogen pills (causing him to act like an overly emotional girl during the big game) and making him sneak into the hotel room of a teacher wearing nothing a red thong. And at the same time Snow becomes friends with and develops romantic sparks with Metcalfe's brother Penn Badgley, who the movie asks us to believe is meant to be seen as "The Other One" just because he has long hair. Good god.

nothing about that seems strange it just sounds like a 9 to 5 update. how can you call it the strangest comedy of 2006 when that's known by all as the year of little man?

• Like 4

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

nothing about that seems strange it just sounds like a 9 to 5 update. how can you call it the strangest comedy of 2006 when that's known by all as the year of little man?

I had intentionally blocked that movie from my memory other than the scene where Molly Shannon plays the most reckless mother in the world. Thank you no thank you for that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It was necessary for the path to Interstellar.

Bless this movie. Ghost of Girlfriends Past was the final straw

Never forget

p187854_d_v8_aa.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

That actually wasn't my choice... I mean it probably would've been my choice but it was the only band-aid my dad with him

Wait, would you be able to describe the senario where your dad is carrying a High School Musical bad aid with him :lol:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAR said:

Never forget

p187854_d_v8_aa.jpg

My dad's had this movie on dvd for years and never watched it until a month ago. As long as I can remember he had talked about wanting to finally watch it. So he picked me up from work about a month ago and was looking really sad.

"what's wrong?"

"it... sucked!"

• Like 2

Speaking of McConaughey, I want Free State of Jones to come out already because I want that scary, stare-y poster with everyone's favorite former nude bongo player looking straight ahead trying to kill us with his eyes that's out in front of the 5 screen indie theater (which exclusively plays adult-targeted titles) at the shopping plaza where I currently work to go away like right now.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Speaking of McConaughey, I want Free State of Jones to come out already because I want that scary, stare-y poster with everyone's favorite former nude bongo player looking straight ahead trying to kill us with his eyes that's out in front of the 5 screen indie theater (which exclusively plays adult-targeted titles) at the shopping plaza where I currently work to go away like right now.

It kinda feels like he's a direct descendent of Tom Hardy in THE REVENANT.

Amazing how McConaughey went from 15 years of crap to to pulling off interstellar, DBC and true detective. Great turnaround.

No idea what a High School Musical band aid is

Zoo LHF and WTF all adjusted up. Can't catch a break in the derby. "I could've been a contenda"

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

It kinda feels like he's a direct descendent of Tom Hardy in THE REVENANT.

No way could a close up of Intense Hardy match the borderline serial killer-ness of McConaughey on that poster with those crazy bug eyes. I imagine a person who is tripping on LSD walking past that poster in the middle of the night imagining him lunging at them from that poster before turning into a bat and flying away.

10 Cloverfield Lane 3,200
The Brothers Grimsby 2,000+
The Perfect Match 850
The Young Messiah 1,600

Never heard of The Perfect Match or The Young Messiah.

10 Cloverfield Lane $15m

The Brothers Grimsby $5m

Hoping 10 Cloverfield Lane can do better, but keeping my predictions in check. The first film had a crap multiplier, even though I loved it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

I saw that poster yesterday when I went to see Zootopia...and it was right by the place where kids have their birthday parties.  Kids were terrified :lol:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, filmlover said:

Its actually not that bad. One of the better 2000s teen comedies.

• Like 1

All this talk about 2006 caused me to revisit the guru archives.... what a bizarre year at the box office and some of the grosses remind me of just how much inflation has changed perceptions... 

Made for some good memories of Kal and the Supes V Pirates battles on MOJO 

Edited by narniadis

3 hours ago, ThatOneGuy said:

I saw that poster yesterday when I went to see Zootopia...and it was right by the place where kids have their birthday parties.  Kids were terrified :lol:

Lmao I just googled the poster. What the fuck :lol: looks like a horror film.

• Like 2