Bishop54

Weekend Thread: Grimsby Bros leads the way with massive 3.1M, 10CL has decent 25.2M, Zootopia crumbles to $50M ;) P.31

2 hours ago, cannastop said:

Woah, that's a stretch. It's a bit premature to predict a sum that big.

Its not. Its almost certain to happen as of now in fact, as long as 270m can be crossed DOM. And even if it doesn't cross 500m Dom+China it will come very close to that.

Well since we all got the mental condition, might as well exorcise one piece of it, in alphabetical order:

All Systems Go/The Launch

The Battle

Battle of the Mounds, Pt. 1

Bible Study

Death is the Road to Awe

Earth to Asgard

The Enterprise

L'estasi Dell'oro

The Final Charge

Flynn Lives

Forbidden Friendship

Going the Distance

"It's Over" ("Good-Bye")

Journey to the Island

The Lost World

Man with a Harmonica

The Map Room: Dawn

Married Life

Memories (Someone We'll Never Know)

No Time for Caution

"Non Nobis, Domine"

Nuclear Scam

Over the Fence

The Princess Appears

The Prize is Barsoom

Rebirth

Remembering Emilie, and Finale

Rescue from Cloud City; Hyperspace

Shenzou

Song for Bob

Sunshine (Adagio in D Minor)

Surprise Attack

To the Stone Wall

The White Tree

Favorite musical cues then?

Breaking of the Fellowship

Brooks was Here

Collette Shows Him Le Ropes

Define Dancing

ET end credits

Evenstar

The Grey Havens

I'm Sending You Away

Jake's First Fight

Lunch with the King

Molossus

No Man is One Island/National Movers

Rubber Head

Run with the Herd

Technically, Missing

The Turtle Lope

Wear Your Seat Belt

• Like 1

2 hours ago, La Binoche said:

How is it a slow weekend? There are so many quality movies to track. A slow weekend is when a Marvel piece of shit opens to $150m+ and cannibalizes the whole marketplace. Now that's boring. 

Is that why those Marvel weekend threads get over 100 pages by Saturday? :redcapes:

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Can someone explain Spectre's crazy numbers to me? It lost about 30 theaters this past week, but made more than it did the week before? It actually went up 80% from last Friday. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bond24.htm

There is no explanation, Sony is trying to do whatever they can to get it to 200M :lol: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

Can someone explain Spectre's crazy numbers to me? It lost about 30 theaters this past week, but made more than it did the week before? It actually went up 80% from last Friday. 

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=bond24.htm

It's called fudging its way to 200 million

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

It's still gonna fall short this week. Will need a cherry on top next weekend

Idk. It's down to 16 theaters and it went up 80% from last weekend. I thought it dropped from 93 to 63 this weekend, but I read that wrong. It actually dropped from 63 to 16....and went up 80%. So I guess every Sony employee was forced to buy a ticket or there was some major fudging, which probably won't end this weekend. 

• Like 1

I did not realize Dirty Grandpa was still in the top 10 films of the year-let alone number 7 until I just checked now! (And I didn't realize How to be Single made that much either)

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is no explanation, Sony is trying to do whatever they can to get it to 200M :lol: 

Even stranger, its per showing average is 750 dollars, did tickets cost 300 bucks or something?

Man, today was one of those days that comes around every few years where I saw a double feature and am reminded what gets me so excited about movies.

I actually saw Cloverfield first, but back to that in a second...

Let's talk about how Zootopia is maybe the most culturally relevant film of the past 3-5 years.  Man, this is why I love Disney (and especially Pixar even though this wasn't theirs): they don't dumb down their audience and realize young crowds can handle heavy messages, even if they don't grasp it all at once.  The themes they went after for an animation film were NUTS.  Factor that in with great animation, smart casting choices and a BRILLIANT script.  It's a home run.  The only Disney Animation I liked anywhere near this much was Frozen.

Now to Cloverfield Lane.  HOLY.  SHIT.  I just cannot believe how incredible this baby is.  Will easily end up on my end of year top 10 and I would almost lock a spot in the top 3.  I think it's that good.  They blended so many genres successfully and made an absolutely riveting experience.  I wish this were Oscar bait someway, somehow because I think Goodman's performance deserves a nomination.  Winstead will always be a gem (this, Scott Pilgrim and Smashed prove to me she can kill anything).  Thank god for movies with smart characters, particularly female protagonists.  We don't get enough of that.  I will be seeing this many more times in the theater and would recommend it to everyone.  It's as must see as it gets.

WHAT A WEEKEND.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah... This movie doesn't need to be rewatches I'm going to sleep

you can't go to sleep, who else is going to keep the running thing of the star wars blu ray should be released before the movie came out with me :P  I mean you started it after all ;) 

Edited by 75live