CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

6 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I thought Interstellar was really well liked by most?

Yes, it pales IMO in comparison to Nolan's super-high standards but it does not belong in that list and is a good film.

Have to :poke: the Nolanites for fun though :nudgewink:

Edited by a2knet

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, Cavill's career will be on shakier ground if this doesn't pan out because no one knew who was before he was cast as Superman, and his only bid at being a leading man between those movies (The Man From U.N.C.L.E.) was a significant financial underperformer. Plus the jury is still out if his acting consists of more than simply looking amazing in everything he wears, whether it's the Superman costume or glamorous suits.

He was pretty good in The Man From UNCLE but yeah, that movie bombed.

4 minutes ago, spizzer said:

How are ticket prices looking folks?  My area is already up from TFA.  Standard 3D Friday evening show is $18.19 at Tysons lol.  I'll post a chart shortly comparing TFA prices to BvS

A 2D showing at AMC Georgetown is up to 12.89 now, so 13 bucks. That sucks. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spizzer said:

How are ticket prices looking folks?  My area is already up from TFA.  Standard 3D Friday evening show is $18.19 at Tysons lol.  I'll post a chart shortly comparing TFA prices to BvS

Still 10.25 for a regular show by me.

29 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The guy's made one solid film that's been a surprise hit and now he's a god? 

Come on now.

It was also his first film and it was made on a small budget. When I would tell people how much the movie cost they were shocked because they thought with all the action scenes and stuff it would have cost more. 

Just now, Nova said:

It was also his first film and it was made on a small budget. When I would tell people how much the movie cost they were shocked because they thought with all the action scenes and stuff it would have cost more. 

I like the film but you can tell the budget is "small", it's really small scale, which is why it works well actually.

7 minutes ago, a2knet said:

My avatar and my body are ready :lol:

Let me remind you I have Pink on my side.

Nothing can save you BECAUSE I AM BATMAN!!!

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

We can always get Telemachos favorite Colin trevorrow to take over the DCCU. :ph34r::ph34r:

You are late. I suggested this 10 pages ago :P 

• Like 1

Well this will be dogpiled by pages beyond pages beyond pages beyond my own imagination by the time I wake up in eight hours for work so I'll just predict that the actuals for the OW will be 145 mil.

There's a poisonous vibe to the whole thing that smells of almost immediate disaster. It'll tank from there. Less than 400 mil DOM.

(is swallowed)

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Still 10.25 for a regular show by me.

A regular 3D ticket is $8.25 here (BvS, like any 3D movie, will be released exclusively in this format). And an IMAX 3D ticket is $9.5. VIP tickets are insanely expensive for this movie though (around $21). Usually VIP tickets are around $15.

1 minute ago, James said:

A regular 3D ticket is $8.25 here (BvS, like any 3D movie, will be released exclusively in this format). And an IMAX 3D ticket is $9.5. VIP tickets are insanely expensive for this movie though (around $21). Usually VIP tickets are around $15.

Wow, that's cheap. 3D is a $3 upcharge at most theaters in the US but for some it can go up to $4.

4 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Well this will be dogpiled by pages beyond pages beyond pages beyond my own imagination by the time I wake up in eight hours for work so I'll just predict that the actuals for the OW will be 145 mil.

There's a poisonous vibe to the whole thing that smells of almost immediate disaster. It'll tank from there. Less than 400 mil DOM.

(is swallowed)

If it does 145M on OW, below Deadpool would be locked.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

He was pretty good in The Man From UNCLE but yeah, that movie bombed.

It was kind of shocking how charismatic both he and Armie Hammer were in that movie. It's a bummer it bombed.

• Like 2