CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Do you include MoS in the list of mindless fun? If you do, you will think this one is mindless fun as well. 

MOS... happened. It was fine to sit through, I wasn't raging or pissed or anything, but I didn't think it was particularly great, and I don't really have much interest in seeing it again. My assumption is that I'll probably feel the same way about BVS, but who knows?

I have been predicting 165M since November. What killed the hype was the stupid marketing campaign dropping the ball after the majestic July trailer. Reviews were the final blow in an already descendent trajectory. 

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

MOS... happened. It was fine to sit through, I wasn't raging or pissed or anything, but I didn't think it was particularly great, and I don't really have much interest in seeing it again. My assumption is that I'll probably feel the same way about BVS, but who knows?

I will be pretty happy if that ends up being your reaction to it :lol: 

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

This should hit at least 20M. I wouldn't be surprised by a 18-19M.

It doesn't have to beat Ultron especially since no one expect this to pass 180M.

Previews I'm still betting in my original $21m prediction. It's the single prediction I haven't changed. 

3 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

MOS is more a film your watching and hope gets better and you think its getting better but it doesn't.

It starts off strong and gets worse. 

My favorite scene is the Russell Crowe voiceover right as he's about to fly, so much hope from that point. Then much like Superman himself, it crashes into a mountain.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I keep my 180m prediction for the OW.

400m dom.

1,1B WW.

I don't understand you. At least we share the love for JLaw and MoS, I guess. 

• Like 1

Numbers wise this only increases everyone increased thier prediction in the last two days and this week will do at least 170 imo I think closer to 200 but we will see. Qulatiy I have no idea but why is there such a negative trend for the numbers amongst posters I don't see it in the info we are getting

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

So Avenger did 18 million in previews and if BvS does 18 mill itll be a disaster?

YES! Holy shit, anything under 25M is brutal tbh, IMO. 

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

So Avenger did 18 million in previews and if BvS does 18 mill itll be a disaster?

But THE RT RATING CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!

• Like 1