CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Damn, 68 pages already. Should I even bother lol.

Look like it's doing well in previews from what posted so far. Just to throw a number out there, my guess is 28M.

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I think I remember him doing it for Deadpool and TFA, but I can't guarantee if I'm remembering right. 

He'll generally give out some hints for those paying attention.

• Like 1

Just left Imax......way less people than Avengers II. I went in with low expectations and thought the movie was just okay. The three people with me didn't like it at all. Bad word of mouth is gonna kill any legs.

You know things are bad when you hear people outside the theater talking about Civil War instead of the movie they just watched.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Lol no. That's Rolling Thunder who is not Rth. I can't believe people still make this mistake; he even has an account with the same name here

Good to know it is not Rth. 

There is a shirtless Cavill scene I am sure he will love and I would be really sad if he missed it on the big screen :P 

6 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

A Facebook friend posted a picture of his theater at the 6 pm showing. It was empty. He gave the film itself a B.

Just to add some useful info, the theater was the Carmike Promenade IMAX in Center Valley, Pa.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not saying he doesn't, I just personally think it's way too high and some of the most "new" members could set themselves up to disappointment, that's all. I'd be very surprised if did that. 

I am as old as Tele in this forum because we were both here when it was born. And I have an insane amount of 61000 posts (I need to re-think my life, I spent way too much time here :lol: )

I am leaning towards a number in the 22-24M range.

See. Here it is. In this way new members have several opinions of older members to read :lol: 

• Like 1

Just came from the theater and the energy was intense. Most people were either dressed up, or at least wearing Batman or Superman shirts. There was some friendly rivalry stuff between people wearing Superman stuff (like me) and people wearing Batman stuff. The crowd cheered a few times (mainly for the first real Wonder Woman scene) and laughed a lot more than I thought they would. There were more jokes here than there were in Man of Steel. Most people clapped at the end.

As for my opinion, I can objectively say the critics were way too hard on this film. It's not perfect, but it definitely isn't bad. I'll give it an 8/10 for now, but I'm seeing it again tomorrow morning and will see if my opinion changes. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Spike071 said:

Just came from the theater and the energy was intense. Most people were either dressed up, or at least wearing Batman or Superman shirts. There was some friendly rivalry stuff between people wearing Superman stuff (like me) and people wearing Batman stuff. The crowd cheered a few times (mainly for the first real Wonder Woman scene) and laughed a lot more than I thought they would. There were more jokes here than there were in Man of Steel. Most people clapped at the end.

As for my opinion, I can objectively say the critics were way too hard on this film. It's not perfect, but it definitely isn't bad. I'll give it an 8/10 for now, but I'm seeing it again tomorrow morning and will see if my opinion changes. 

Same thing for me. Our theater was wayyyy more packed than I thought it would be...