CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, AndyLL said:

If the movie was as good as The Avengers or TDK than yes it could have made between 200-225.  What's so funny or surprising about that?

However... people like Excel just assumed that having the Trinity was enough to propel OW to 200+

christian bale the dark knight heath ledger christopher nolan why so serious

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jb007 said:

I don't see any way, it could have made an additional $48M. The impact of the shooting is just pure conjecture. The kind of loss people are speculating never could have happened given that TDKR never really had out of the world drops after the first weekend to indicate that the missing auds from first weekend audience watched TDKR later down the line.

3D added over $20m to Avengers. It's a fact that you want to deny. My post NEVER said the shooting took away $48m from TDKR. I've said repeatedly $15-20m impact by the shooting. 3D would add another $20m. I think Avengers would b ahead but probably less than $10m when you equalize for all factors. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jb007 said:

I don't see any way, it could have made an additional $48M. The impact of the shooting is just pure conjecture. The kind of loss people are speculating never could have happened given that TDKR never really had out of the world drops after the first weekend to indicate that the missing auds from first weekend audience watched TDKR later down the line.

Most people that stayed away OW never went back. I knew about 6 or 7 people that wouldn't go see it in fear of copy cats. And it being named the batman shooter across multiple news outlets didn't help. Now yeah it is only 6 people I know but still.

41 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I don't mind another TF-sequel being made. All Paramount has to do.....is to learn from their mistakes of the previous films....and fix those problems that made the other ones, badly-recieved.

1. Make the action more thrilling & interesting for the audience...in order for them to see what's going on.

2. Make the human characters more engaging & likeable.....not unlikeable annoying pricks.

3. Have a story that is compelling and not distracted by action-overuse. You can have action scenes....but just make sure they don't take away from the story.

And then the fans can like TF-films too, again. Easy.

Thats true. All of it.

They made tons of money without ever fixing these mistakes though. So I guess there is little hope with that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Tdk and TDKR were much more hyped then The Avengers 1&2. 

More hyped than AOU? Sure.

More hyped then Avengers? I'd say TA was definitely in the same category of hype.

The hype was building for four years throughout phase one. It wasn't your typical event film.

2 minutes ago, zackzack said:

cjtb7s3o.jpg?v=1456823035

Have you seen Last Seduction? 

I think people are genuinely afraid of her

after watching this movie. Sharon Stone is like

a Disney Girl compared to her.

Yeah, it's great. Red Rock West is pretty good too.

• Like 1

Just now, incognitoo said:

Thats true. All of it.

They made tons of money without ever fixing these mistakes though. So I guess there is little hope with that.

Yeah.

Making a good and well-recieved TF-sequel can't be hard thing for Paramount to do.

Are there anyone else who want to see a TF-film done right and done good?

• Like 1

cant believe we missed this early wom projections per deadline 

According to ComScore PostTrak, which polls throughout the weekend, the word of mouth is great for BvS. Seventy-one percent of Thursday’s crowd gave BvS an excellent or very good grade. Even better news for Warner Bros. after those reviews: 60% of the audience said they would definitely recommend BvS to their friends while 33% said they’ll probably tell them about it. Older males were out in force (no surprise) at 69% guys, 57% over 25. Fifty-one percent saw it in 3D. Twenty-five percent said BvS exceeded their expectations while 60% said the film met their expectations.

• Like 3

Just now, boomboom234 said:

cant believe we missed this early wom projections per deadline 

According to ComScore PostTrak, which polls throughout the weekend, the word of mouth is great for BvS. Seventy-one percent of Thursday’s crowd gave BvS an excellent or very good grade. Even better news for Warner Bros. after those reviews: 60% of the audience said they would definitely recommend BvS to their friends while 33% said they’ll probably tell them about it. Older males were out in force (no surprise) at 69% guys, 57% over 25. Fifty-one percent saw it in 3D. Twenty-five percent said BvS exceeded their expectations while 60% said the film met their expectations.

Good to hear.

Quick, someone point out this means nothing. :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

3D added over $20m to Avengers. It's a fact that you want to deny. My post NEVER said the shooting took away $48m from TDKR. I've said repeatedly $15-20m impact by the shooting. 3D would add another $20m. I think Avengers would b ahead but probably less than $10m when you equalize for all factors. 

I'm not going to use 3d since it did not have 3D and was so by choice. It was never going to get that extra $$$$ for 3D.

It is like saying that KFP3 lost about $75M+ by releasing on the wrong weekend in China. Too bad, it is what it is. It was DW's choice to release that weekend. 

For all wanting to use ticket sales to bolster TDK/TDKR, then Shrek 2 sold more tickets than any movie since 2000 barring TFA. Yes more than Avatar, TA, SM and TDK

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So second biggest midnights ever for a superhero film, behind Dark Knight Rises?

Yup. Pretty much...,

I dunno what the OW for BvS...will be exactly? The one thing that had going against The Dark Knight Rises's OW....was the shooting at Colorado. :(

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34