CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Baumer said:

Cinemascore is useless.  Everyone here acknowledges that.

All horror films get D scores. The system is ridiculous. Star Wars didn't get an A+. Blah blah. Not doing this.

Baumer, I like pizza.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

i think the saturday drop is being overestimated as is sunday but for all cases we will see

If it did Clash of the Titans drops, it would only do $157m off a 80,5m OD...
With American Reunion-Drops, it would come in with $155m.
So it's not, that they are estimating exceptionally harsh drops. 
BvS will have a better Sundy, due to Imax, but I don't know where the legs should come from this weekend. 

There is such contradictions over the direction of WOM.

I will add another... 

If 80.5 million holds and it had a Friday on Good Friday of all days... The preview to Friday number is that that good but 80 million is solid. 

6 minutes ago, SoSaysI said:

No it isn't.  Only films that are basically disasters or where the film is completely different than what the audience expects get a grade lower than a B. 

With the backlash Batman v Superman has had from the critics and some other people, I was expecting a C.

Edited by aliadiere29

I always love it when some people find that critics don't agree with their opinion on a particular movie or that the CinemaScore grade doesn't match up with said opinion, they go right for the attack and label such things "meaningless."

Some of y'all are so cute sometimes.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This is not a Marvel movie :P

Jokes aside with a Good Friday boost and  not as much family appeal, I have doubts it can increase on Saturday. 

There were a good amount of kids and they were them most positve at my screening, anecdotal but ithink families will go more especially with the tracking deadline is citing

Just now, filmlover said:

I always love it when some people find that critics don't agree with their opinion on a particular movie or that the CinemaScore grade doesn't match up with said opinion, they go right for the attack and label such things "meaningless."

Some of y'all are so cute sometimes.

But it's true.  We've discussed this 100 times before.  Cinemascore is based off one theater.  WOWS got a D score or something.  There's all kinds of films that get marks that end up meaning nothing.  It has nothing to do with BvS.

• Like 2

80 Million is very good, we will see how the legs hold up tomorrow but DCCU is off the races now.  Honestly I didn't think the so-so reviews would keep people away from the two biggest comic book characters ever teaming up.    It looks like it's pacing ahead of "Rises" so this should give it one of if not the biggest movie weekend ever for DC Comics adaptations again depending on Sat and Sun Drops. 

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But it's true.  We've discussed this 100 times before.  Cinemascore is based off one theater.  WOWS got a D score or something.  There's all kinds of films that get marks that end up meaning nothing.  It has nothing to do with BvS.

More than that, actually. And The Wolf of Wall Street got a C (though seniors who didn't expect the content to be as dirty as it was most likely deflated the grade).

I filled out a CinemaScore ballot once. It was quite fun.

Edited by filmlover

Man of Steel had mixed word of mouth and BvS across the board has had worse scores (RT Critic + audience score, cinema score, fast dropping IMDB, this forum review section). Everything indicates a pretty poor reception.