CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

53 minutes ago, Limburguer said:

Movie is great

Shut up, hater

73% of people said that is very good or excellent

60% said that will certainly recomend to others

People are entitled to their opinions. Since your being arrogant ill take you down a peg. People who saw it opening day mate are called fans and are the people most probable to like the movie. You be ignorant to think all this represents all people that will see it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

God I was hoping for $70m+ before we got midnights yesterday, so $81.3m is fantastic.

Looks like it'll beat my $160m original prediction.

I dunno if i would call an $160m+ opening for a movie starring Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman fantastic. It will probably come short of $400m. If one would ask me a couple years ago what such a movie would make i would have said at least $500m stateside, considering what some other movies have done.

5 minutes ago, James said:

Ok, I will ask this since no one seems to ask it: why do people give this an even lower multi than MOS? That has INSANE  competition in ALL the following weekends. This has ZERO competition. 

This has no summer weekdays. 

• Like 2

160-170m for this movie does disappoint me though does not sadden me. With today's ticket prices and 3D and IMAX and previews...it does bug me. How many admissions does a 165m or even a 170m ow translate to today?

This was no normal movie. B, S and WW were appearing for the 1st time. I earlier this week pointed out to those expecting 200m that only had Nolan-Bale returned, those huge expectations were reasonable. But in that case, with Sup, WW and Nolan-Bale in 3D (let's assume 3D for the sake of it), less than AOU would have disappointed me. Without them and a new director-actor handling Batman and the good will of TDK trilogy not transferable here completely, I thought 175m was not too demanding. And what's wrong with raising expectations withing reason after a few films have done huge numbers - we have seen AOU, JW, TA, IM3 do 175-210m (I will leave SW7 out as it was something else). So that many admissions are possible today. Despite no Nolan-Bale, with 6pm previews, uniqueness of the event, 3D and ticket prices, 175m was fair. Not everyone will admit this I think, but deep down many are feeling it.

Edited by a2knet

20 minutes ago, James said:

Ok, I will ask this since no one seems to ask it: why do people give this an even lower multi than MOS? That has INSANE  competition in ALL the following weekends. This has ZERO competition. 

Bad reviews and "B" CinemaScore.

2.25-2.4 multi.

Edited by Juby

7 minutes ago, James said:

Pretty much agree here when we look at 2nd weekend drop.. But Junglebook and Huntsman are coming soon and..

And Mos were always going to drop extra huge on 2nd weekend because of its inflated sunday(fathersday). BvS does not have that

for now im thinking

165 mill

63 mill (-62%)

31 mill (-51%)

but hopeing for

172 mill

69 mill

35 mill

49 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

God I was hoping for $70m+ before we got midnights yesterday, so $81.3m is fantastic.

Looks like it'll beat my $160m original prediction.

$164,1 mln with Furious 7 legs, so i think +$170 mln is in the game.

Edited by Juby

13 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I'm looking forward to a Batflick with Batfleck behind and in front of the camera.

Most of us are. Maybe against JL's Joker?

20 minutes ago, James said:

MoS had a multi of 2,26. Let's say it opens to $165m: 165 x 2,26 = 373m

7 minutes ago, fmpro said:

And Mos were always going to drop extra huge on 2nd weekend because of its inflated sunday(fathersday). BvS does not have that

for now im thinking

BvS has an inflated friday.

9 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Most of us are. Maybe against JL's Joker?

They should do the Riddler and throw in Catwoman or something. Always the Joker gets kinda boring after a while... 

I know Joker will have to appear eventually, he's the most popular bad guy and he's already starring in Suicide League.

Edited by Elessar

39 minutes ago, Elessar said:

I dunno if i would call an $160m+ opening for a movie starring Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman fantastic. It will probably come short of $400m. If one would ask me a couple years ago what such a movie would make i would have said at least $500m stateside, considering what some other movies have done.

It is a fantastic opening. Isn't it in line to be the biggest pre summer launch ever? 

Dark Knight Rises was the end of a trilogy with a lot of acclaim and coming off a gigantic sequel. It opened in the summer with $160m. This is a new Batman and follow up to Man of Steel which opened to $116m. 

Its fantastic.

• Like 1