CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm afraid it would flop hard. The movie Idiocracy pretty much hit the nail on the head. Our society seems to get dumber every year. People can't sit still for 5 seconds in a movie theater. Gotta dick around in the smart phone. 

I dunno, yeah I see people on their phone sometimes, but it's typically only one or two people out of 200. I'd hardly call that a harbinger of doom for society. There's always been dumb people, they're just easier to recognize now. 

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Yeah I've been fortunate enough to not see it in big movies like TFA where no one would dare do it but other times, not so much.

I think during Deadpool someone sitting next to me would pull out his phone every 10 minutes and scroll down. And I'm just thinking why? Is Facebook that freaking important. 

Those are the people who have ruined horror movies because studios think audiences won't pay attention, so they throw in all these jump scares instead of actually building tension.

A movie like Jacob's Ladder could probably never exist nowadays either. It's sad.

Although annoying teenagers at horror movies are always the best. Seeing Drag Me to Hell in theaters almost 7 years ago was one of the most entertaining experiences ever.

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

You're such an asshole when it comes to Potter. Do you realise how much you bash Potter but are silent about other series? You know WHAT?

Your opinion. What a fucking shame. Your signature still makes me wonder whether or not you showed your son Potter...and knowing your venom towards Potter, I'm sure you haven't.

Bye, Felicia.

OOHBURNEasyA.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

That's fine. But I'm not talking about you, or people who didn't like BVS specifically. I'm talking about people who have been hating Him in a obsessive way since the day I came to this forum, you can see that's not normal or mentally healthy behavior.

Okay, no problem. I don't know who you're talking about but I'm sure they exist. And no it's not healthy to bash directors obsessively. A lot of people do it to Michael Bay and Roland Emmerich too. The director who sort of deserves it is Uwe Boll but I still wouldn't do it. His track record speaks for itself.

I don't care who makes the movie, as long as it's entertaining or well made.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I'm curious. What are your family members' favorite movies?

Titanic for my mom, Mean Girls and Clueless for my sister, Top Gun for my dad and I love Super 8 and Ferris Bueller way more than I should

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You're such an asshole when it comes to Potter. Do you realise how much you bash Potter but are silent about other series? You know WHAT?

Your opinion. What a fucking shame. Your signature still makes me wonder whether or not you showed your son Potter...and knowing your venom towards Potter, I'm sure you haven't.

Bye, Felicia.

Meow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

That is the sad truth. I'm grateful we got it at all. 1990's were a great time to be a kid. 

Best ending ever in my opinion. When the Bat Signal lights up and you see Catwoman looking on. My childhood was definitely good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Titanic for my mom, Mean Girls and Clueless for my sister, Top Gun for my dad and I love Super 8 and Ferris Bueller way more than I should

There's 0 shame in loving Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Although annoying teenagers at horror movies are always the best. Seeing Drag Me to Hell in theaters almost 7 years ago was one of the most entertaining experiences ever.

During bad jump scare horror movies like the new Paranormal Activitys like Ghost Dimension or Oculus...yes. Because they make the movie more entertaining then it actually is. People will scream out things and make it a party environment.

But it also forces out more movies like that instead of stuff like It Follows. And I know a lot of people hated that for a lot of reasons but it actually had great areas of tension. I'm so sick of jump scare horror (speaking as a huge horror geek).

3 minutes ago, Kraken said:

I would be lying of I said I wasn't hoping that a Transformers or a Mission Impossible would show up.

14 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Fox's franchises are very underrated. Alien and Predator have struggled to find their groove back but I think they are heading in the right direction. I can't remember the last time I knowingly watched a Sony movie.

Yeah, they tend to be a little darker. They suit me just fine.