CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Fucking Tele

I know, right?

It just had to do 1.5M less but nooooooooooope. Damn old people. 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL ALLEGIANT. Pathetic. Cloverfield isn't having strong holds. I expected a bigger increase for Doris.

67% drop lmao. It might do 60M. It will have worse legs than Ender's Game. 

Cloverfield probably wasn't very well received by the GA either.

Meanwhile Spectre dances in the face of the enemies/haters by increasing 0,5% from last weekend!!!

6 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

If the Bat can't do it, the Suicide Squad will.

992a9ba6f0ee6db1e622fe7781ea79f7.jpg

I don't think much people will be excited for SS after this movie. If this movie had turned out better WB could've used some of the events in it or something in their marketing for SS to build up hype since both are in the same universe. 

Edited by DMan7

Since SM3 is brought up, is there anything in BvS that is remotely close to the gloriousness of emo dancing Peter Parker?

If answer is no, then yeah, I incline to agree with someone who said it won't do much better than the great SM3.

Just now, boomboom234 said:

I can't say that we have no idea what the legs will be yet we can give a range but no clue I would say 380-425 is the range of gross

True but if it was more frontloaded then Fast 7 on the weekend likely will be in legs too, just my logic? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I don't think much people will be excited for SS after this movie.

Nah — SS will live or die on its own merits. At the moment the marketing hasn't even hinted that it exists in BvS's universe, but even then people are always up for a Batman and Joker dynamic.

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

I don't think much people will be excited for SS after this movie. If this movie had turned out better WB could've used some of the events in it or something to build up hype for SS since both are in the same universe. 

Honestly despite the Joker, it's immediate connection to BvS and a greater universe isn't all that obvious so far through its promotional materials so if it's any good WB can play with that.

I still think it'll turn out well, WB however probably isn't going to stir much interest by showing Affleck in the clips 

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

Honestly despite the Joker, it's immediate connection to BvS and a greater universe isn't all that obvious so far through its promotional materials so if it's any good WB can play with that.

I still think it'll turn out well, WB however probably isn't going to stir much interest by showing Affleck in the clips 

Batman/Affleck are probably gonna disappear from the marketing of that one :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It's not fudging since Sunday hasn't ended yet.

It's the studio estimate for the weekend.

WB gets their record breaker headline for Sunday and Monday morning before actuals.

Mission accomplished.

I don't care either way. Just stating facts.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

True but if it was more frontloaded then Fast 7 on the weekend likely will be in legs too, just my logic? 

that mianly because of the preveiw diffrence other than that the hold were really similar and they could be down the line plus BVs has literally no competition these next two weeks

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Since SM3 is brought up, is there anything in BvS that is remotely close to the gloriousness of emo dancing Peter Parker?

If answer is no, then yeah, I incline to agree with someone who said it won't do much better than the great SM3.

Jars of piss...

No pie eating scene tho :sadben:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I disagree affleck batman has had good reception so far