CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

• Community Manager
5 minutes ago, John Wars said:

really? just because the title had batman v superman this would open to atleast 150M regardless of the quality of the movie.. (a R rated deadpool did 130M)

this is batman vs superman were talking about.. a great movie with an epic marketing campaign and this would have openend with 200M

What does Deadpool have to do with anything? I'd like to note that Superman's reputation in films had been declining for a while (when was the last Superman movie people actually thought was good? It was Superman II with Christopher Reeves. That was back in 1980. 36 years ago. Every movie since then has been bad or mixed including Man of Steel.) As for Batman, yeah he's solid.

It's opened higher than any Batman or Superman movie.

Also, if a movie is going to open to at least $150 million regardless of quality and it opens to $170 million then that's a win in any book.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, Sam said:

You do mean Topher Grace or is that a typo?

No, I meant Tobey Maquire. I always get their names confused. Probably cause neither has done much in a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what non-comic book movies will dominate box office discussion this summer?

none really beside finding dory. Civil war will won first 3 weeks may then Apocalypse and Alice will have a run FD will do amazing. Bourne will be a bourne film Star trek will flop and SS will rule august

Edited by boomboom234
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

It doesn't make your job easier and deflects from discussing the film. Of course that I'm invested, I'm a fan of the genre and  I want to see the DCCU to succeed, since I'm literally a fan of all these characters. If we wasted less time talking about what the "haters" and the "fans" think of the film, if we didn't focused so much on what iJack or any other giving member here thinks, the discussions here would be much more richer. I'm not BKB or a simple Marvel guy to be fitted into a mold so we misdirect the discussion from the film to people reacting to it. 

I don't like all the Marvel Studios films either, I have some unpopular opinions like Ant-Man isn't really a great film but a somewhat good matinée. When you focus too much on what users think instead the films we should be actually discussing, it just detracts from the discussion of the film itself and generates animosity among people that should just respect different opinions. But enough of this, that's precisely the type of thing I'd like to see obliterated from the boards.

You called out a user in a long post preaching not to call out users.

Edited by a2knet

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

No, I meant Tobey Maquire. I always get their names confused. Probably cause neither has done much in a while.

Lol. I thought you do mean Topher Grace. Cause then I would agree. Facetiously of course.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

What does Deadpool have to do with anything? I'd like to note that Superman's reputation in films had been declining for a while (when was the last Superman movie people actually thought was good? It was Superman II with Christopher Reeves. That was back in 1980. 36 years ago. Every movie since then has been bad or mixed including Man of Steel.) As for Batman, yeah he's solid.

It's opened higher than any Batman or Superman movie.

Also, if a movie is going to open to at least $150 million regardless of quality and it opens to $170 million then that's a win in any book.

They wont listen tho

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what non-comic book movies will dominate box office discussion this summer?

There are non-comic book movies coming out?!?!?!?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

none really besie finding dory. Civil war will won first 3 weeks may then Apocalypse and Alice will have a run FD will do amazing. Bourne will be a bourne film Star trek will flop and SS will rule august

Can't see Star Trek flopping. And the new Apocalypse trailer is radically better than the last. Made want to see the movie. Not sure when The Rock and Mr Hart' s movie shows up bit I expect it will do very well. Amazing summer. Amazing year.