CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lol if the DC universe becomes the sequel to the Transformers franchise.

ob_4fb337_tumblr-lf1tsg1mjv1qacnrho1-500

The apocalypse will be cancelled soon. The DCCU will bloom and be an awesome cinematic universe loved by the critics and public. 

6 hours ago, MARTHA!!!!!!!!! said:

So BvS may not make 1B.

As it is Easter...

tumblr_ncqj7r3PB71rcqzwdo2_400.gif

5 hours ago, Heat Vision said:

Ray Fisher is having fun lol

Sorry, but I find this and Momoa's posts to be pathetic. Feeds to the conspiracy nuts and also feels very Birdman-esque in how "ALL CRITICS ARE EVIL" ideals.

And before anyone calls me an anti-DC hater, I'd be annoyed by this if it was Daisy Ridley/John Boyega or Chadwick Boseman/Tom Holland too.

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Here's what I don't get. We're box office nerds, and there aren't exactly a lot of us around the world, so why don't we just, you know, get along? As long as we get these two things, there shouldn't be too much of this "weird arguements" that we've had in these threads. Don't get me wrong, these threads are what give BOT its spirit and identity but still.

1. As long as we get a good movie to watch every other week or so.

2. As long as there's a cool box office run to experience every month or two.

Shouldn't those two things be enough to make us happy?

Maybe I have picky taste, but I've only really liked four movies this year so far. :P I see your point though and agree with it otherwise.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

ob_4fb337_tumblr-lf1tsg1mjv1qacnrho1-500

The apocalypse will be cancelled soon. The DCCU will bloom and be an awesome cinematic universe loved by the critics and public. 

You know something we don't? :huh:

13 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Gotta say that I'll have to eat crow on MBFGW2. I saw Zoolander 2 all over again here (which hasn't even made 30M DOM so far, LMAO), and w/the BVS competition, I doubted people even knew this was a thing. But man, did I lowball it. By almost 10M at that. Will it perform as awesomely as the original? Hell no, but the opening already did much better that I was anticipating. Maybe I just suck at this prediction game, though.

You young'uns forget old people exist and most of them don't care about superhero movies or action movies or animated movies. :P 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Sorry, but I find this and Momoa's posts to be pathetic. Feeds to the conspiracy nuts and also feels very Birdman-esque in how "ALL CRITICS ARE EVIL" ideals.

I just feel sad for them. You don't see Cavill, Affleck or Eisenberg doing this. They are just scared because this is the only big thing that will ever happen to their careers lmao.

12 minutes ago, M37 said:

Not exactly.  They didn't want to destroy their own expansion with BvS, so its starting next week (4/1).   According to the film's site, its adding about 50 locations then, and my guess would be it would continue to expand over the rest of the month.  

http://tickets.midnightspecialmovie.com/microsite/2653

Maybe but I haven't really seen much in the way of advertising for it (not even the trailer in theaters once). I'm guessing the most it'll make is like $10M.

W.B. should not be excited, this is near the bare minimum for which the property can do.

FIRE SNYDER

SUMMON @excel1

MAKE D.C. COMICS FILMS AND BOX OFFICE GREAT AGAIN!

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

W.B. should not be excited, this is near the bare minimum for which the property can do.

FIRE SNYDER

SUMMON @excel1

Sometimes I wonder if people in this forum are bipolar.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So what non-comic book movies will dominate box office discussion this summer?

Bourne should be pretty heavily discussed here. Ghostbusters and Dory too.

3 hours ago, babz06 said:

Sausage Party-animated film thats rated-R so already a hook for adult audiences. 

Sausage Party looks freaking great, but I'm already betting people make fun of me for stanning for it when I've gone on record for hating the cheap look of the DM movies, and SP looks a hell of a lot cheaper lol

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

You haven't lived until you've heard Tele Jr's Batman voice. 

(Not the Balebat, he's still in Kevin Conroy-land.)

You're a good man. Be sure to introduce to him Tim Daly's Supes as well. I rewatched the World's Finest TV Movie two days ago and loved it more than I remembered.

I mean I think WB knows that this could be doing even better if it got rave reviews and an A cinemascore, etc. but it's also too late for them to change things so they'd rather have the lower profits of a poorly reviewed Batman/Superman movie than delay these movies and miss out on any profits cause the rest of their slate is so sad. 

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

The S stands for hope. Not ironically, like it was originally written by Morrison.

If by hope you mean WB firing Snyder that may not be enough. I think there may be studio interference involved in the issues this movie had as well which may happen for the next replacement director.

9 minutes ago, Blankie Cochran said:

As it is Easter...

tumblr_ncqj7r3PB71rcqzwdo2_400.gif

And before anyone calls me an anti-DC hater, I'd be annoyed by this if it was Daisy Ridley/John Boyega or Chadwick Boseman/Tom Holland too.

Maybe I have picky taste, but I've only really liked four movies this year so far. :P I see your point though and agree with it otherwise.

I agree with @DAJK, as box office pundits I think it's completely possible for us to get along just fine, as long as we are able to respect those who liked and disliked the film. There's no need for personal attacks, the times I've resorted to them are long past gone like two years ago. As long as we discuss the box office and the effects like buzz/reviews/reception, we should be fine. Discuss the film, not each other's tastes or what we want these films to fail or not. When people stop treating these films like their sports teams, things will get a lot better around here.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, excel1 said:

FIRE SNYDER

SUMMON @excel1

I think this might be the first time in this forum's history that someone has tagged themselves. Kudos, I guess? :lol: 

• Like 3