CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

25 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It has poorer reception then MoS though. I think Telemachos was right with the multiplier of 2.25. A 160 mil ow puts it at 360 mil. It's okayish.

But sunday on OW was hugely inflated by fathersday.. I still see 2,45ish for a 400 mill finish ATM

25 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Looks like TDK is going to remain the Batman king for a good while. And holy shit its OW adjusts now to $191 and no 3D. I cant even see the unadjusted $533 total coming down. What a monster that thing was.

And im talking any near future movie featuring Batman, not just BvS. TDK truly was in a league of its own, adjusted or unadjusted. $533 in 2008...$533 period.

Still excited for future Batman's though. Just because they may not reach TDK's heights doesnt mean they wont have good stories to tell.

4 minutes ago, Ohana said:

Whatever 

True. The greatest preview gross ever. :lol:

Given the hype for the Trinity (whatever) all this time and not even matching TDKR after 4 years of inflation and 3D, please........

Not that we didn't already know it, but I'm happy that February/March/April are super-viable periods for blockbuster movies. Hopefully, we'll start to see the calendar expand even more in the next few years.

Edited by Optimum

1 minute ago, aliadiere29 said:

I'm staying out of this thread until people calm down.

28m not a good number? Good Lord! I had it around 32m, so I wasn't far off.

Honestly if it did that they'd still bitch it as baauner said them at preview gives anywhere from 150-200 a chance everything else is just guess work

2 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

It's a good number. The same people who have been ragging on the movie this entire thread are saying it's not. 

Nothing new. 

• Like 10

I also think it won't be more frontloaded than Ultron at least for OD. Ultron was a direct sequel to one of the biggest global hits of the decade. Everyone and their mother knew what they were getting before they go in. This will still have curiosity from people who want to just check out what a movie with both Batman and Superman looks like. It's anecdotal but I'm going to see this tonight with three people that know just that is Batman and Superman in the same movie. They have no idea about reviews, Zack Snyder, seting up Justice League, DCCU or any of that stuff, they haven't even see Man of Steel.

I'm not saying it's gonna do Ultron's 190m OW, even if it has good WOM it's very difficult considering the frontloading nature of easter weekend. But I can't see it falling under 80m OD after that preview number. People will check it out.

2 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Given the hype for the Trinity (whatever) all this time and not even matching TDKR after 4 years of inflation and 3D, please........

To be fair AOU was coming off of a huge zeitgeist grabbing record breaking mega hit, with 3D and inflation , and it also didn't touch TDKR's previews, why should BvS do it?

5 minutes ago, jb007 said:

I bet these numbers drove u crazy whe u saw them
The amount of hate for months mixed with #RottenCritics had seed a false hope for many haters that BvS will bomb
Well - it won't. 
Drink cold water and get over this hate already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I also think it won't be more frontloaded than Ultron at least for OD. Ultron was a direct sequel to one of the biggest global hits of the decade. Everyone and their mother knew what they were getting before they go in. This will still have curiosity from people who want to just check out what a movie with both Batman and Superman looks like. It's anecdotal but I'm going to see this tonight with three people that know just that is Batman and Superman in the same movie. They have no idea about reviews, Zack Snyder, seting up Justice League, DCCU or any of that stuff, they haven't even see Man of Steel.

I'm not saying it's gonna do Ultron's 190m OW, even if it has good WOM it's very difficult considering the frontloading nature of easter weekend. But I can't see it falling under 80m OD after that preview number. People will check it out.

To be fair AOU was coming off of a huge zeitgeist grabbing record breaking mega hit, with 3D and inflation , and it also didn't touch TDKR's previews, why should BvS do it?

Some people will use arguments that fit their purpose. Be used to it.

Regarding yesterday’s big openings, we’ve got Mexico, which debuted with $5.8 million including record-breaking midnight showings. It’s the largest opening day in history in said market for a Warner Bros./Time Warner TWX -0.96% Inc. movie. It nabbed the biggest opening day of all-time in Brazil as well with $3.5m. Germany debuted with $2.8m for the largest opening day of 2016 and the largest superhero movie ever. It had a 70% bigger opening than Deadpool, for what that’s worth.

The film opened with $2.5 million on 594 Australian screens and $1.9m in Russia. It earned $1.7m in Korea and made a whopping $1.1m in the United Arab Emirates, which is apparently not only Warner’s biggest opening ever but 93% bigger than Star Wars: The Force Awakens and 68% bigger than Deadpool. Huh… Deadpool had a bigger opening day than The Force Awakens? I did not know that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-box-office-44m-overseas-in-two-days-nearing-100m-worldwide/#33cd3c9c1652

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

It's a good number. The same people who have been ragging on the movie this entire thread are saying it's not. 

Nothing new. 

It's good, but not great.

5.8 M MEXICO
record-breaking midnight shows
88% share of the top five films
biggest opening day for a Warner Bros. title
second-biggest of all time

3.5 M BRAZIL
Warner Bros. record for best opening day 
73% of the top five films

2.8 M GERMANY
biggest opening of 2016
top opening ever for a superhero film in the market

2.5 M AUSTRALIA
70% of the top five films
topped the closest title, “My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2,” by over 500%

1.9 M RUSSIA

1.7 M SOUTH KOREA
capturing 80% of the top five market share.

1.1 M UAE
biggest Warner Bros. opening day ever

Four other markets grossed the top Warners opening of all time: Hong Kong ($1.1 million), Singapore ($855,000) Malaysia ($804,000) and Thailand ($740,000)

2.9 M SPAIN

2.7 M FRANCE

• Like 11