CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

UPDATE, 12:53 p.m. PDT – Warner Bros.’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has hit an impressive $65.2 million at 19,700 screens in 39 territories in its first launches in international markets.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RichWS said:

That Variety range is, uh, a range. 

If the low end Friday, 78m holds, it's a 50m True Friday.

45m Sat + 32m Sunday would give 155m.

Using their low end Friday projection, 165m would not be the low end for OW.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It s interesting though to see how badly Snyder has fared with critics throughout his career, there s definitely something about his style and aesthetics that rub these guys & gals the wrong way.

To be fair, they didn't really shit on his films until Sucker Punch.

1 minute ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

To be fair, they didn't really shit on his films until Sucker Punch.

And isn't that the movie that lead WB and Nolan to think he was right for Superman? If so then lol.

Although I guess I can understand what would draw Nolan to that movie though. Sucker Punch is basically what would happen if a horny college guy watched Inception while drunk or stoned and proceeded to make a movie inspired by it while still under the influence.

12 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Crazy to think the industry was projecting an OW of $110M and now it could open north of $180M despite the critics agenda to hurt the movie.

I don't think it's an agenda against the movie , I think they just hate Snyder that much. The movie has flaws that's for sure but in no way  deserves "the mall cop" RT scores.And it's still early predicting OW. They could be wrong about 180M , as I recall , the industry predicted between 120-140M OW.

Edited by Emerald kikyou

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

How much does this need Friday to hit 180 m?

90m (IMO) Easter weekend means that Friday is around 50% of the weekend gross generally and since it's an opener that would stand to be even more so.

• Like 1