CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

18 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Deadpool just keeps on ticking. It might out gross BvS. Where is iJack's club that everyone laughed at?!?!?!?!?!

Stopped clocks something something lol.

But yeah, pleasantly surprised of Deadpool's sub-20% drop Thurs from the previous thurs, despite  BvS' debut. 30% weekly drops brings it to $370 or so total. Even with BvS' high-end of $85M Fri, that may only bring it to a $172m OW, which doesn't guarantee it beating Mr. Pool. It could get F7's 2.4 multi.. Iffy with the mixed WOM.

15 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Somewhere, someplace...

Fishnets is cursing you.

Need an RotK rewatch soon

25 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Deadpool just keeps on ticking. It might out gross BvS. Where is iJack's club that everyone laughed at?!?!?!?!?!

Deadpool could be in trouble if piracy plays into it. A Bluray 1080 quality version leaked online with Korean subs about a day or so ago...

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All it takes to lower cinemascore is a couple people giving Fs. Entirely worthless as a metric.

THAT SAID lol @ Fant4stic having a lower score than even the likes of Ghost Rider 2/Batman & Robin/Catwoman

It deserves to have a lower score. That movie is only entertaining due to how bad it is. But all those you mentioned should be D Territory.

14 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I know some of you guys say Cinemascores doesn't matter anymore but yeah, that's not a good sign of WOM. I guess we'll see where this goes!

Most of us reject Cinemascores not because of the genre, but because the sample size is so small and narrow. Using a few theaters in, say, Phoenix is basically pointless in terms of extrapolating audience reaction for the whole country. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Before TA, I think he'd been fairly active in some in the international threads for awhile, though not necessarily posting estimates, just updating data for various territories. But since a lot of people don't go to the international area (me included, back then), many weren't familiar with him.

rth was around for a long time before most of the site became aware of his predicting prowess..... 

He had been posting in the Australian thread all the way to back to BOM forum days...    

Us international folk have known for sometime that a god was among us..... 

:wub: :hiphiphoray:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Deadpool could be in trouble if piracy plays into it. A Bluray 1080 quality version leaked online with Korean subs about a day or so ago...

At this point it will have next to zero impact

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Most of us reject Cinemascores not because of the genre, but because the sample size is so small and narrow. Using a few theaters in, say, Phoenix is basically pointless in terms of extrapolating audience reaction for the whole country. 

I agree with you but sometimes it does have correlation with good WOM. I remember it was a big deal when The Avengers got an A+.

I just think the list is fascinating and the idea of Cinemascore itself. A movie must be truly truly awful to score below a C-.

21 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So since you guys are waiting for numbers not sure this was posted:

Cinemascores for past Comic Book/Superhero movies:
The Amazing Spider-Man - A- 
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 - B+ 
The Avengers - A+ 
Avengers: Age of Ultron - A 
Batman Begins - A 

Batman 1989 - A 
Batman Forever - A- 
Blade: Trinity - B+ 
The Dark Knight - A 
The Dark Knight Rises - A 
Man of Steel - A- 
Spider-Man - A- 
Spider-Man 2 - A- 
Spider-Man 3 - B+ 
Superman Returns - B+ 
Deadpool - A
Ant-Man - A 
Blade - A- 
Blade II - B+ 
Captain America: The First Avenger - A- 
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - A 
Guardians of the Galaxy - A 
The Incredible Hulk - A- 
Iron Man - A 
Iron Man 2 - A 
Iron Man 3 - A 
X-Men - A- 
X2 - A 
X-Men: The Last Stand - A- 
X-Men Origins: Wolverine - B+ 
X-Men: First Class - B+ 
The Wolverine - A- 
X-Men: Days of Future Past - A 
Thor - B+ 
Thor: The Dark World - A- 
Green Lantern - B
Ghost Rider - B
Catwoman - B 
Daredevil - B 
Elektra - B 
Fantastic Four - B 
FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer - B 
Watchmen - B 
Batman Returns - B

The Hulk - B-
Jonah Hex - C+
Ghost Rider - Spirit Of Vengeance - C+
Batman And Robin - C+
Fantastic Four (2015) - C-

And now: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - B 

I know some of you guys say Cinemascores doesn't matter anymore but yeah, that's not a good sign of WOM. I guess we'll see where this goes!

It seems Cinemascore is only "useful" (and I use the term loosely) if its an A or A+. Anything below that and it doesn't tell you anything. The sample size they use is very very small.. IINM they only survey one screening from one theatre in the whole country... Making it practically useless.

Edit: I guess a few theaters in one area, but yeah still not a representative sample

Edited by jse

So pulling this from IMDB and this is interesting. Here is a list of films that have made a billion dollars and what their Cinemascore was:

Titanic - A+ 
Star Wars Ep 7 - A 
Jurassic World - A 
Avengers - A+ 
Furious 7 - A 
Age of Ultron - A 
Deathly Hallows Part 2 - A 
Frozen - A+ 
Iron Man 3 - A 
Minions - A 
Transformers: Dark of the Moon - A 
Return of the King - A+ 
Skyfall - A 
Transformers 4 - A- 
Dark Knight Rises - A 
Dead Man's Chest - A- 
Toy Story 3 - A 
On Stranger Tides - B+ 
Jurassic Park - A 
Star Wars Ep 1 - A- 
Alice in Wonderland - A- 
Hobbit: Unexpected Journey - A 
The Dark Knight - A 

No Bs on that list. So if this does do it, it could be a first

(I don't know if their are any other movies this person missed. It looks accurate though).

Edited by somebody85

"It seems Cinemascore is only "useful" (and I use the term loosely) if its an A or A+. Anything below that and it doesn't tell you anything. The sample size they use is very very small.. IINM they only survey one screening from one theatre in the whole country... Making it practically useless."

Cinemascore just has utility to know how much the movie will make when compared to the first week

B = 3x

A = 3,5x

The movie just needs 500 million to be paid (no its not 800 million. The movie needs to double hist production cost 250 million + cover the marketing costs 150 million. but marketing cost are covered by merchandising)

In fact, i think that the merchandisin of BvS already paid the movie itself

Just that Turkish Airline, Doritos, Mr Peppers and Jeep partnerships must have covered a lot of production and merchandising costs

12 hours ago, CJohn said:

I think it also corrects the problems of not having a 1 HOUR AND A HALF ACTION SCENE THAT GOES FOREVER like Man of Steel :lol: 

and creates others, like

having a mute henchmen as the big bad guy to beat at the end, which is bottom of barrel for any fucking movie. It doesn't help the whole thing looked like CGI vomit.

I would rather see a shorter version of MOS third act. Zod provides in that movie what Doomsday (!!!) couldn't in BvS.

My god, it was horrible. Superheroes movies don't go much lower than that.

15 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

rth was around for a long time before most of the site became aware of his predicting prowess..... 

He had been posting in the Australian thread all the way to back to BOM forum days...    

Us international folk have known for sometime that a god was among us..... 

:wub: :hiphiphoray:

From a regional deity to the ONE TRUE GOD