CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, DealWithIt said:

The divide between critics and audiences is going as expected. And yes, general audiences, the ones that matter the most, are really liking it. 

That Keaton Batman poster just reminds me once again how he killed people but that was ok because reasons. #NotMahBatman am I right? Hypocrites. 

I think there is no evidence to suggest they are 'really liking it '

Its more 6-8 scores compared to 4-6 from reviewers. 

25 minutes ago, FTF said:

Glee1.gif

I don't even...I haven't been this disappointed in a movie since, who the fuck knows.  Maybe Crystal Skull?  Anyway, it was just so, so, so bad.  Batman and Superman deserve so much better.  MoS was way better than this (I liked MoS fwiw).  I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't hit $1b ww now, it may tank hard after this weekend.  Sigh...I'm done for the night.  Don't want to think about it anymore. :(

Yep, I'll see it in a few months when hopefully the editing is fixed.

And it's like Watchmen? That's a good thing? Oh god I hated that movie.

Saw it opening preview night after the hype and haven't seen it since. Watching Cinemasins take it on brought on bad memories.

Same stuff echoing here that echoed everywhere else over the past few days...so much potential not reached but it was within grasp. And I was very mixed on MOS, had to see it twice to even think it was okay.

2 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

The divide between critics and audiences is going as expected. And yes, general audiences, the ones that matter the most, are really liking it. 

That Keaton Batman poster just reminds me once again how he killed people but that was ok because reasons. #NotMahBatman am I right? Hypocrites. 

There is no way you can accurately say this atm.

• Like 2

I can and will say that audiences do not hate it. I have seen enough of these films to know which go over well and which do not. This will be fine.

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Yep, I'll see it in a few months when hopefully the editing is fixed.

And it's like Watchmen? That's a good thing? Oh god I hated that movie.

Saw it opening preview night after the hype and haven't seen it since. Watching Cinemasins take it on brought on bad memories.

Same stuff echoing here that echoed everywhere else over the past few days...so much potential not reached but it was within grasp. And I was very mixed on MOS, had to see it twice to even think it was okay.

I wish it was like Watchmen.  Watchmen is way better than BvS (I like Watchmen fwiw).

Just now, FTF said:

I wish it was like Watchmen.  Watchmen is way better than BvS (I like Watchmen fwiw).

Watchmen is not a superhero movie to me, I don't get why people always bring it up.

1 minute ago, FTF said:

I agree. Watchmen fails to live up to the comic, but it's leaps and bounds more cohesive than this. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

I can and will say that audiences do not hate it. I have seen enough of these films to know which go over well and which do not. This will be fine.

You can't say that right now, all you got right now is DA FEELZ which didn't work out so well for your SW7 predictions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Watchmen is not a superhero movie to me, I don't get why people always bring it up.

It's more that it's a comic book movie, not superhero.  Ala V for Vendetta...which is great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

You can't say that right now, all you got right now is DA FEELZ which didn't work out so well for your SW7 predictions.

Those were pre seeing the film.

I have seen enough of these. BVS will be fine.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Will we get some numbers soon? Or do we have to wait until later in the morning from official websites? 

RTH could drop by with a hint sometime soon, but we likely won't get numbers until the morning.

16 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Is it obvious Batman kills?

Cause that's a pretty big difference.

Just now, grey ghost said:

No more obvious that shooting the truck drivers to death in TDKR...

4 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

No more obvious that shooting the truck drivers to death in TDKR...

Legit spoilers:

[Mod Edit - no spoilers even in tags]