Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith

74 members have voted

1. 1. Review Revenge of the Sith

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

He so whiny during the whole film. I glad he got cut up and burned. Made him stop whining.

There is a funny joke that in ROTS Obi Wan says I have the High Ground and Akankin Attacks foolishly.

In ROTJ, Luke has the High ground and Vader is like "not falling for that again".

Throws lightsaber.

• Like 1

Not good. Fundamental problem with the prequels is that Anakin is not a likable character. Can't buy into the notion that Obi-Wan or Padme actually like him based on his behavior in the films. Once you don't buy those relationships, it is hard to give a damn about the third act of this movie. Set aside Jar Jar, too much CGI, and a lot of bad dialogue. George's biggest mistake is that he made Anakin Skywalker an unlikable asshole. At that point you just don't care what happens to him.

• Like 5

The CGI does not hold up at all lol. Dialogue is hilarious at times, and I'm not convinced by Anakin going over to the dark side all of the sudden and killing children. 

Good music though. Some nice battle setpieces, but sometimes it feels like it keeps switching from planet to planet showing exotic locations for a couple seconds then to somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Biggest issue in this for me is that Anakin starting to fall for the Dark Side starts believable... but the escalation to killing children?!

It is like he turns into a machine once he swears allegiance to Sidious. And not in a methaphorical kind of way... just in a bad characterization kind of way.

• Like 1

I think the funny thing about this film is that is bad acting and moments but quite rewatchable as a SW fan as it has some huge really important moments in there.

You have Order 66, Obi wan vs Anakin, Darth Vader and fan service Yoda vs Emperor fight. 

I dont take the film seriously at all, but there is a lot of cool scenes I like.

Usually I have it playing in the back ground and watch only those scenes. 

The thing is the story has flaws but is quite workable compared to the avg blockbuster fare these  days. Think if you had better dialouge delivery and acting likely would been a much better film. 

Usually having a main character fall into darkness usually are great movies, but the execution fails this film badly. 

Revenge of the Sith is by far the best Star Wars prequel, and is actually close to being a good movie. It's too full of average filmmaking and a disappointing reduction in Padme's role to get the compliment, but it's still intriguing. Probably the only Star Wars movie that's more opera than space, the unnecessary complexity of these films actually feels somewhat earned. The rise of Darth Vader is a tragedy, and although the actual quality level of the script and direction is still low, the sheer subject matter makes it much more watchable. The action is still very mediocre, with the exception of the truly awesome space battle that opens the film. The ending is appropriately chilling, and the only time the prequels get close to invoking the true magic that abound in the original trilogy. Revenge of the Sith still is not a good film, but it's actually worth seeing at least once just for the epic tale of Darth Vader's origins finally being brought to life. C

A pretty solid film that almost reaches the heights of the original trilogy but is sadly brought down by some flawed moments of characterization and Lucas' sub-par writing. I'll give Lucas that this film, out of all the three prequels, felt like it was given the most effort and time. In my honest opinion, you could completely get rid of the first two movies completely, watch this film on its own and it would be so much better. While there may be some plot points that don't add up, you'd still get a general idea of what has happened before. 

Out of all the Star Wars soundtracks, the one in this film is honestly far and away my favorite. The opera scene and the scene where Anakin and Padme are figuratively looking at one another across the city are two of my favorite moments in any Star Wars movie. Both of which are brought up so much by Williams' amazing score. Every time I listen to the tracks or watch the scenes, I get honestly get goosebumps. Such simple scenes but they bring so much character out without that much dialogue (well not necessarily for the opera scene but the visuals are fantastic in that scene so it is still amazing to watch).

Those aren't the only great bits either. Unlike AOTC, all of the action setpieces are highly memorable and fun to watch. That opening battle scene makes you feel like you're actually there. I am honestly jealous of the people who got to watch that scene way back in 2005. The acting honestly isn't that bad here as it was in the previous films but there are still many legitimately awful scenes that took me out of the experience. They didn't ruin the film but they bogged it down quite a bit.

A flawed film but a Star Wars film that actually kept me engaged throughout and had many great moments of brilliance throughout. I still love rewatching it every now and have a good time every time I do.

B

• Like 2

12 and half years on this film is still very quoted and memed by star war fans and pretty much for any teenager or a young boy growing up in 2005 in North America, this film was awesome for fan service lightsaber battles.

This could have been a much better film but it was very entertaining as it full of so much damn melodrama.

This films was ridiculed and became a meme but the sour taste of the sequels has elevated this film in the fanbase dramatically.

It is a mess but this film unlike the sequels delivered the goods and many millenials look back with nostalgia.

A- 

Better then the sequels by far.

13 hours ago, Menor Reborn said:

Before the sequels were ever released ROTS regularly got large percentages of votes in favorite SW film polls and had solid ratings on most rating sites. It's reputation has improved since but it was never really a disliked film.

It got lumped in with AOTC and TPM by media and seen as bad but it was very popular with Star wars fans as the film is fan service and very fun. 

The Sequels ending up as a total disaster from a storyline point of view has elevated the prequels a lot. For the prequels were flawed but they tell a coherent interesting story that really came together in ROTS