kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

With the hard drops in China, SK, HK, Russia, UK, Germany and maybe Australia I think that O/S # looks very generous

It doesn't fare that well in France too.

Basicly 2/3 of the key big markets are experiencing massive drops currently.  

So far, the only ones that are holding on are south american ones.  

But the western big markets and the asian big ones have been dropping fast since the start of the week for the asian ones and more recently in Europe.

I see a final foreign take around $550M as the ceiling at this point.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Disney’s Zootopia was second yesterday with an estimated $3.2M taking its four week total to $255.9M. In third, Gold Circle/Playtone/HBO’s My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 from Universal filed an opening week of $25.36M after a $1.6M Thursday.

So Zoo is up a healthy amount and Greek is flat.... That puts a slightly different spin on the BvS #. And again this is not coming from the perspective of a "hater."

• Like 6

Just now, K1stpierre said:

I'm somewhat surprised the OS isn't higher for this thing. I thought bat and sup were like, worldwide known. Then again, I'm always bad at predicting OS :lol: 

Well it opened fine, but y'know, the movie isn't very good 

2 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

Disney’s Zootopia was second yesterday with an estimated $3.2M taking its four week total to $255.9M. In third, Gold Circle/Playtone/HBO’s My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 from Universal filed an opening week of $25.36M after a $1.6M Thursday.

So Zootopia increased more or less on par with The Croods, so 2013 may in fact be a good comparison http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2013-04-04&track=gijoe2.htm&p=.htm

If BvS follows GI Joe, it'll hit ~$54M for the weekend. I think that's the ceiling considering it has held worse on every single weekday.

• Like 1

I'm somewhat surprised the OS isn't higher for this thing. I thought bat and sup were like, worldwide known. Then again, I'm always bad at predicting OS :lol: 

It is. It broke records in many countries

Overseas is solid but it did do well in China like other films to really fly past a billion dollars ww.

3 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

http://deadline.com/2016/04/batman-v-superman-box-office-second-weekend-gods-not-dead-2-1201729796/

Yay! This makes a big 5th weekend even more possible. For the first time, my derby entry ($19 M) might not overshoot it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

Thu: 7.7m

Fri: 15.8m

Sat: 21.3m

Sun: 13.4m

Wknd: 50.5m (-69.7%)

60m isn't happening guys, it would need a very large Fri increas

Your Friday scenario is too harsh though, why would it only get a 105% increase?

The drop is great but after a 34% drop on Wed it still lags F7's 8.22m Thursday despite having a marginally bigger Sunday.

F7's Fri, Sat, Sun percentages will give it 56m; imo +/- 2 for 54-58m.

If it has F7 like legs after the 2nd weekend, it needs ~62m to get to 375m. 60m with those same legs gives it 370m. 54-58m gives it 355-365m.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, SWXII said:

This is a weekend film. Teens and young adults give it an A rating. 

Who are these teens and young adults? I'm a young adult and I certainly didn't give it an A rating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

So 3 years of hype and two of the biggest heroes ever and the film is heading to a domestic total the size of the first ten days of the Avengers. 

:sadben:

To be fair, you're really comparing apples to oranges. Avengers is a full cast of superheroes banding together, vs. bat vs sup where you have only 1 movie to develop a character (superman from MOS) because ben affleck's batman had to be developed (I'm assuming?) in this movie. It would have been a fair more accurate comparison if it were Justice League, and the characters have their own background movies out.

• Like 6