WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Sure. It went up from 0.01% to 0.02%. If Legendary/WB haven't fired Gareth Edwards after Godzilla, why would WB drop Snyder?

Because this is not nearly as huge as an investment as Godzilla and Godzilla isn't a film that is hated and villified like this one. Snyder is toast, or WB executives are completely and utterly insane. 

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Sure. It went up from 0.01% to 0.02%. If Legendary/WB haven't fired Gareth Edwards after Godzilla, why would WB drop Snyder?

Because they're fools. If this movie drops 70% this weekend coupled with the mixed reactions and the critics trashing it, they'd be fools not to get rid of him and rethink what they're going to do. Don't invest in a sinking ship and right now that's what WBs is going to do. So if changes don't happen they have no one to blame but themselves IF JL doesn't live up to the expectations, which mind you is what a lot of people said when they let him do BvS. 

Edited by Nova

Joel Schumacher's failure with Batman & Robin isn't as huge a deal as this is. I think people are completely missing the big picture here. Warner just has lost any argument to justify him to keep going. Hell, at this point the only noble thing he could do is to step down. Regardless the press release, he's out of JL, no other way around it. All it's missing is JL getting put on hold. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Why wouldn't he return to Marvel?  He's already said that he might in the future.  He was just burned out and needs to recharge.  He said he had far more control on AOU than he did on Avengers or anything he's ever done.   Wonder Woman has a director and the film is almost wrapped, the ship has sailed unless it's a bomb and needs to be re-booted. I could easily see Whedon doing The Runaways, Ms Marvel or even The Inhumans where he gets to put these characters on screen for the first time instead of inheriting them

Ooh, I would love to see a Joss Whedon's Runaways movie. 

And to add to your point, I think Joss has been screwed over by Fox too many times over for him to wanna come back or work under them in a big project. I mean, he kinda had to back then since he has little leverage, but the situation has changed for the better for him now. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Because this is not nearly as huge as an investment as Godzilla and Godzilla isn't a film that is hated and villified like this one. Snyder is toast, or WB executives are completely and utterly insane. 

Godzilla actually had a pretty similar reception (many like me loved it, many hated it) although in Godzilla's case, misleading marketing was part of the problem. The Godzilla movie is also establishing a cinematic universe. It's budget was lower, that's for sure, but about $90 million.

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

But doesn't she have her own website?

She can't do box office due to her non compete clause. I see her posting links to her site but they are just fictional stories about Hollywood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jb007 said:

The Top 10 films based off 9PM industry estimates for the weekend of April 1-3, 2016:

1).Batman v Superman (WB), 4,256 theaters (+14)/ $15.5M-$17.1M Fri. (-79% to -81%)/ 3-day cume: $51M-$56.7M (-66% to -69%)/Total Cume:$260M-$265.8M/ Wk 2

2). Zootopia (DIS), 3,698 theaters (+28)/ $5.4M Fri. (-43%)/ 3-day cume: $19.8M (-18%)/Total Cume: $275.7M/Wk 5

3).My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 (UNI), 3,179 theaters (+46)/ $3.2M Fri. (-56%) / 3-day cume: $10.7M (-40%)/Total Cume: $36.1M /Wk 2

4).Miracles From Heaven (SONY), 3,155 theaters (+108)/ $2.1M Fri.(-36%) / 3-day cume: $7.7M (-21%)/Total Cume: $47M/ Wk 3

5).God’s Not Dead 2 (PURE), 2,320 theaters/ $2.5M Fri./ 3-day cume: $7.2M/ Wk 1

6).Allegiant (LG), 3,018 theaters (-722)/ $1.78M Fri.  (-51%)/ 3-day cume: $5.7M (-40%)/Total cume: $56.3M Wk 3

7).10 Cloverfield Lane (PAR), 2,511 theaters (-291)/ $1.26M Fri. (-39%) / 3-day cume: $4.2M (-29%)/Total cume: $63M Wk 4

8) Eye in the Sky (BLST), 1,029 theaters (+906)/ $1.2M Fri. (+297%) / 3-day cume: $3.6M (+283%)/Total Cume: $5.7MWk 4

9). Deadpool (FOX), 1,968 theaters (-368) / $958K Fri. (-44%) / 3-day cume: $3.3M (-32%) Total Cume: $354.9M Wk 7

10.) Meet the Blacks (FREE), 1,014 theaters / $1.1m Fri./ 3-day cume: $3.1M Wk 1

11) Hello, My Name Is Doris (RSA), 964 theaters (+479)/ $689K Fri. (+39%) / 3-day cume: $2.57M (+54%)/Total Cume: $6.8MWk 4

The greatest April fools ever and the trolls are exposed or nobody, and The Rock said nobody, is going the theater this weekend. 

Must be all the great football games scheduled. And Wrestlemania. Here comes the money.

PS- Hey critics, after you are done destroying everything including your own jobs could you at least sweep up on your way out the door?

The Management thanks you.

DNBDGINM.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why wouldn't he return to Marvel?  He's already said that he might in the future.  He was just burned out and needs to recharge.  He said he had far more control on AOU than he did on Avengers or anything he's ever done.   Wonder Woman has a director and the film is almost wrapped, the ship has sailed unless it's a bomb and needs to be re-booted. I could easily see Whedon doing The Runaways, Ms Marvel or even The Inhumans where he gets to put these characters on screen for the first time instead of inheriting them

He in no subtle words complained about "recalcitrant execs" refusing to let female characters to be featured in the movies as they "don't sell toys". Later, it was revealed that Ike Perlmutter held that same belief. He was also talking about how there was a "pressure on him" to have AoU outdo TA, which it didn't. If Snyder is indeed asked to step into a purely exec role for JL, then Whedon will be one of the likely people WB will look at. Only this time, Whedon will be at a better place to negotiate his own terms and conditions. 

And I doubt he would want to work on "poor men's X-Men". He may actually get an opportunity at the real thing if Singer wants to take a break after Apocalypse or if Fox have something more in mind for their XCU.

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

The greatest April fools ever and the trolls are exposed or nobody, and The Rock said nobody, is going the theater this weekend. 

Must be all the great football games scheduled. And Wrestlemania. Here comes the money.

PS- Hey critics, after you are done destroying everything including your own jobs could you at least sweep up on your way out the door?

The Management thanks you.

DNBDGINM.

:sadben:

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sam said:

Is the 15M from Rth an April's Fool joke? 

I thought from last week, it shows that West Coast overperformed so that's why it trended up (kinda like FF7)

But to go from 18.5M during the day down to 15M like this is terrible. Yikes.

I think because of the wom that this is a matinee movie, not a evening movie. And the movie is more popular with teens than adults.

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

I'm from Philly so I'm a huge Iggy fan (Finals MVP B))!and have followed the Warriors only because of him. But I'll tell you what, it's remarkable how much the franchise has changed for the better. It was something unexpected but it's also something the league certainly needed. The same teams winning all the time was getting old. 

Warriors miss Andre so bad right now.

• Like 1

I know no one else cares about anything but BvS, Zootopia, and God Never Lived, but can I just say that 10 Cloverfield Lane is performing exceptionally.  If that number holds a 29% drop is amazing. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bishop54 said:

I know no one else cares about anything but BvS, Zootopia, and God Never Lived, but can I just say that 10 Cloverfield Lane is performing exceptionally.  If that number holds a 29% drop is amazing. 

Congrats on your prediction of $16M! They said you were reaching but apparently it was them reaching with that $18.5M number.