WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

I still can't believe people called this movie an "art film." Or a "risky" film. Because trying to make a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman with the tone of TDK is such a bold move. 

12 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Move Wonder Woman to November. Push Justice League until 2019. Use 2018 to release to more individual movies and the BATMAN movie.

Mostly agree, but push back JL to 2018. They are too late in the game to anything super drastic, best thing they can do is build the good-will back up. Plus do they really want have their crown jewel opening a month before SW VIII?

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, aliadiere29 said:

I can't imagine Tsujihara will be keeping his job if Suicide Squad has the same problem.

That depends on a lot of factors, including whether or not he can pin the blame on Robinov or some underling. Tsujihara inherited Zack Snyder and the legacy of MOS. It was Robinov who gave the reins of the DCEU to Snyder after a couple of expensive flops (Sucker Punch & killer owls), not Tsujihara. He stayed the course, but perhaps all he'll be faulted for is trusting the filmmaker's vision.

Just now, Nova said:

I still can't believe people called this movie an "art film." Or a "risky" film. Because trying to make a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman with the tone of TDK is such a bold move. 

It was a risky film regardless of what people say, and it's proving it with the critics and the general audience.

What is worrying me more is that Gal Gadot is not a talented actress, I think this movie will bomb if they dont change the lead actress here!!!!

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Move Wonder Woman to November. Push Justice League until 2019. Use 2018 to release two more individual movies and the BATMAN movie.

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

"who had no ability", that's like your opinion man, realize that many do not share that view even if they don't factor in the box office enough to matter. 

Of course they'll make some adjustements, it's common sense, they will learn based on the reception. And BvS wasn't really a course correction on MOS, they addressed the mass destruction of MOS, but the fundamental problem is that people would rather watch something light and fun (and yes ONCE AGAIN TDK trilogy, thank you, Chris Nolan magic), that's it, give people a choice between comedy and drama, no matter that drama is inherently more interesting, people would rather laugh and have a good time. 

Anyway, this is an endless circle, you guys who have been hating on this from the beginning and are all doom and gloom stick to your guns and those of us who support the film and try to think outside of the box will stick to ours. 

It's not about dark and broody vs light and fun. It's about good movies vs bad ones. I don't think BvS is terrible, but there are some super cringe worthy stuff in it (not even taking the most common complaints into account).

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Don't give me revisionist history non sense. You and several others were doing this the whole week while watching this crumbling and defending it, and I get it but it's just the fucking wrong thing to do. It's done. The only responsible thing DC fans can do is STOP WORRYING WITH THESE GOD DAMN FLAME WARS and actually think about these characters first. It would never work as a Transformers film, Transformers don't have an actual huge fanbase like superhero films have, especially both Batman and Superman. It's not that hard to get them right, regardless how great Nolan's Dark Knight is. It

is possible. The only responsible thing Warner can do is stop this thing from keep going, reshape and rethink the Justice League altogether. Get someone to brainstorm something that can fix the things that people don't like so they don't need to throw these iterations of the characters away. 

This is awful, but I blame all of us. Not just Warner. We didn't scream loud enough. We trusted Snyder again after having no fucking reason to. Some diehards attacked McWeeny like he was the public enemy #1. I was attacked, SEVERAL other people that actually care about these characters were attacked. Dan Slott was attacked. Kevin Maguire was attacked. Mark Waid was attacked. By people that don't understand that these characters are a LOT more than an excuse for stupid flame wars to us. These characters matter. And this backlash is a long time fucking coming. We deserve that. WB deserves that. Snyder fucking deserves that. The least to blame is the cast and crew, even though even them share their part on the responsibility. I care about these characters and I'm pissed off and at the same time vindicated, but scared because I'm afraid people like you, Napoleon and others will simply sugar coat it. Because you're "fans". These characters deserve better than those that will accept this pathetic excuse of a disjointed mess as fans. They deserve better fans. They deserve praise. Deserve praise for getting to feature in a great film. In a film that works, that isn't just imagery and visuals without a single ounce of heart.

DC deserves to be MORE than this pathetic flame war that the studios bought and feed you, they deserve more than a clumsy and incompetent rush for easy cash. DC deserves people that actually love these characters and are talented enough  to bring them to life. And yes, this is a fucking meltdown. Bring me Joss Whedon's DCCU. AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE DON'T TELL ME THAT HE'LL MAKE ALL ABOUT JOKES. That's not what the MCU is about. The MCU is about heart. It's about caring about those characters and bringing them to life the most true version that it's possible, and by that I mean true to the characters core. Joss Whedon would blow the DCCU away, get Paul Dini and Bruce Timm as creative consultants, get people that LOVE these characters. And the DCCU can shine. Or just keep being a fucking pathetic excuse of a flame war that doesn't even makes sense to fucking begin with.

Too much text man. You need a editor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

It was a risky film regardless of what people say, and it's proving it with the critics and the general audience.

How was it a risky film? I'm still waiting for the explanation. Just because critics and people didn't like it doesn't mean it was a risky film. It just means people didn't like it. Just because it had a dark tone, doesn't make it risky. TDK was a dark film that was done right. Deadpool was more of a riskier film than this and critics plus the general audience loved it. BvS wasn't a risky film. Unless you consider going down with Snyder on a sinking ship, a risky move. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

Too much text man. You need a editor.

It's my meltdown. I'm proud of caring about these characters, and for not getting blinded like it happened with me with TASM2. They deserve better, and I hope they get it. Done right, the Justice League can be great, and I don't think they are rebooting with different actors either. With that said, one of the defining things about DC is parallel earths, that could be a great way of rebooting it without actually rebooting it. That kind of crazy Sci Fi is the type of thing that I differentiates the DC universe, not really grim dark tones, frownings and what not.

1 minute ago, aliadiere29 said:

Yet it's still likely to make $800m+WW despite the demonstrably poor WOM and critical reception. 

Don't get me wrong, I won't say it was completely without risk. All movie are, to some degree, risky to the studio, big budget blockbusters in particular. But to pretend that BvS was some kind of special snowflake teetering on the edge of Flopsville is just ridiculous. It's a movie starring three of the most popular Superheroes in the world, at a time when Superheroes are dominating the Box Office and done in the style of one of the most popular Superhero trilogies of all time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

How was it a risky film? I'm still waiting for the explanation. Just because critics and people didn't like it doesn't mean it was a risky film. It just means people didn't like it. Deadpool was more of a riskier film than this and critics plus the general audience loved it. BvS wasn't a risky film. Unless you consider going down with Snyder on a sinking ship, a risky move. 

There was quite a few risky things he put into the movie, but I obviously can't explain them here because they would be classed as spoilers.... but you know which parts was risky to some people. And yes, asking Snyder to direct to this movie was also a risky move from WB.

7 hours ago, Rth said:

everyone got wrong today it seems BvS looking like only going to do about 15, Zoo 5.5

4 hours ago, Rth said:

April fool lol.. that it is not

4 hours ago, somebody85 said:

Well for anyone hoping to see it rise, it's probably not going to. Guessing 15.5-16. 

4 hours ago, Rth said:

wishful thinking 

Edited by cookie

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

Has anyone besides Napoleon called this an Art Film?

And I'm sorry, but a BvS SHOULDN'T have been a risky film. It should have sailed in, cleaned the money and walked off. It's not good that it's dropped this hard on Friday.