WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yeah, I know. Aren't they doing reshoots on Suicide Squad to make it more jokey, because they're afraid it might be too dark and serious?

Yeah, that has been talked since the January trailer was so well received because apparently those were all the jokes the movie had. 

Best case scenario is Deadpool holds:

15M Friday

22.5M Saturday

14.8M Sunday

52.3M Weekend

Worst case would be a 10% decrease on Saturday with a 45% Sunday drop IMO:

15M Friday

13.5M Saturday

7.4M Sunday

35.9M Weekend

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Best case scenario is Deadpool holds:

15M Friday

22.5M Saturday

14.8M Sunday

52.3M Weekend

Worst case would be a 10% decrease on Saturday with a 45% Sunday drop IMO:

15M Friday

13.5M Saturday

7.4M Sunday

35.9M Weekend

You know this is impossible. :lol:

3 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yeah, I know. Aren't they doing reshoots on Suicide Squad to make it more jokey, because they're afraid it might be too dark and serious?

From what I heard, they originally started reshoots because of the extremely positive reaction to the funnier second trailer, not because of anything to do with this movie.

That said, I'm pretty certain BvS's current performance has only bolstered their choice on that front.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Snyder is not finished, however you want it to be true, he probably won't make JL part 2, but part 1 is happening, you don't understand that WB is in the Snyder business and has been for years, they love him, and trust him. And it's not about saying "well they're stupid" or "that trust is misguided", it's there and it's a reality.

I mean taking risks with the direction of the film, having Supes, WW and Batman doesn't change anything, the tone, the density of it, the themes explored, it's the extreme opposite of every superhero film out there (and yes I know about TDK trilogy).

WB is doing their thing and clearly the results are mixed, that doesn't mean there aren't many people who love it, because there is, but ultimately, they will have to make adjustements to make money, just don't lose the identity in the process. 

I know some of you only know hate with this film and can't see any other position than your own, but there is another side. 

They love money more. 

• Like 1

Looks like WOM is way worse than MOS. It dropped 66% with comp from WWZ and MU while BvS's looking at 70%+ with next to zero new comp. Comparing it DH2 isn't good for it either since it was summer and that faced CA1. WOM might be historic bad.  

1 hour ago, Emirazza said:

Which big movie had the worst second weekend drop ever?  

The better question is which one had no competition on its 2nd weekend but still had a catastrophic drop?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

You also said a $16M Friday was wishful thinking before you went to bed....

I honestly don't remember mentioning that but if you say so :lol: 

Either way it won't decrease today.

3 minutes ago, druv10 said:

Looks like WOM is way worse than MOS. It dropped 66% with comp from WWZ and MU while BvS's looking at 70%+ with next to zero new comp. Comparing it DH2 isn't good for it either since it was summer and that faced CA1. WOM might be historic bad.  

Way worse is an understatement. 

Just now, CJohn said:

I honestly don't remember mentioning that but if you say so :lol: 

Either way it won't decrease today.

Someone posted a comic book cover with a 16 on it and you said that...or maybe that was Tele...it possibly was Tele. If it was my bad lol