WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

The movie will increase on Saturday, however I am seeing  very weak to poor matinee business  at my local theater (which would indicate family audiences not showing up) .

Should increase to 21-22 million today I think.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have it missing $50M. The Final Four and Wrestlemania WILL play a role. 

Don't forget the season finale of The Walking Dead.

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's a big drop, but the fact is, no other film has ever been placed under so much scrutiny, the truth is, many people are enjoying all of this, just look at this thread, I cannot understand this behavior, it's sickening.

It's gone both ways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's a big drop, but the fact is, no other film has ever been placed under so much scrutiny, the truth is, many people are enjoying all of this, just look at this thread, I cannot understand this behavior, it's sickening.

It's just a movie, dude. A terrorist attack is sickening. Trump's popularity is sickening. 

• Like 10

Gitesh's projection seems optimistic while BO.com's looking on the low side to me. It'll fall right smack in the middle of the two numbers I think.

2 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

It's just a really bad drop, made even worse by the fact it had no competition whatsoever. Man of Steel, for instance, dropped slightly less than 65% in the face of $150M worth of new competition.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

Gitesh's projection seems optimistic while BO.com's looking on the low side to me. It'll fall right smack in the middle of the two numbers I think.

So 50M. With actuals just under 50

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Don't forget the season finale of The Walking Dead.

Forgot about that but yes that will also hurt it big time. It needs to make its money early in the day which isn't good because the price of a matinee isn't the same as a regular ticket price. My friend's theater is looking at a 75% drop for the overall weekend which is just brutal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

A 70% drop is no where near normal even for a big movie opening. It's one of the worst drops ever. 

you are a troll we all know that. Its below DH2 drop and another i just saw a list. this movie is dark with a bleakish ending. 

Spoiler

Of course we see Superman is still alive in the end. But still

Keep that in mind.

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Dunkirk to November 2017

The Oscar narrative. Light it up

Fast-forward to January 2018....

"The Box Office Theory Forums went into a temporary shutdown after the Nolanites rioted after no Oscar noms and launched a DDoS attack on the server"

• Like 6

LOL at people trying to defend that drop for such a shitty movie. The DCCU is going up in flames, and I don't see WB having any choice to push back the JL movie. They seriously need to boot Hack Snyder. He murdered two different franchises. Seriously GTFOH. 

sports-fails-gifs-baseball-kid.gif