WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

It's pretty rare to have a high-profile movie delayed/put in turnaround/pushed back only days from shooting (assuming it happens). And even rarer for anyone to care enough about it to publicly say anything about it on a forum.

Moneyball was pulled as Sony were unhappy with Sodenbergh's take on the project only to be retooled with Bennett Miller. If JL was just a placeholder on the schedule then it would be pulled but I don't see WB doing something drastic like that.

• Like 1

If Snyder gets a boot from WB or if he steps down as the director, he'll still keep his executive producer status.

It seems every DCU movie is being produced by Snyder and his wife. So, it's not that WB will exactly fire him. At best, he should step down or WB can bring a co-director to help him.

JL is a damn huge project. It's like Winter Soldier and Civil War. No sane soul can do it alone. No way.

So, if Snyder is getting out, WB better bring 2 directors to helm this project. Anyway, Snyder has 8 kids to feed. How can that be possible? Maybe that's why he's so thin now. He lost at least 20 pounds. I wonder what happens when this guy wakes up and sees every negative news about a movie that he spent 3 years making it...

I would be desperate to think about being fired, with 8 kids to feed. Wow, and I'm talking as a father of 2 kids. Can't imagine being father of 8, lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Well a lot of people on here want Ascendant to be canceled lol

And I'm not really a fan of them rooting for that either. But the difference here (possibly) is timing. If a month is months from shooting and then gets pulled, it's a lot easier for almost everyone to get other work. Yanking a project with little or no time before production starts is brutal on everyone.

@Jonwo's example of MONEYBALL is the only other example I can think of, off the top of my head.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Of course. It's just an ugly thing to root for, especially when the only reason to do so is because you didn't like a movie.

We're not rooting for people to get fired, we're rooting for change. If they found themselves on this mega project I'm sure they'll find other films, they won't go hungry.

Edited by Bishop54
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Of course. It's just an ugly thing to root for, especially when the only reason to do so is because you didn't like a movie.

Dude listen to what you guys are actually arguing. I guess rooting against rival sports teams or political candidates because some lower level employees may lose jobs in their failures is a terrible thing? 

• Like 5

Just now, Bishop54 said:

So we're supposed to support whatever movie comes out just so people can keep their jobs? Was it their choice to get into the film business? Yes! Did they know the risks? Yes!

Think about film crew working on Allegiant. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Normally I don't root for a film to fail....but this film was so bad on so many levels that this 70% drop makes me absolutely elated. WB delivered crap and people are rejecting it! Good for the public. Do better next time WB! But it's probably too late....this film left a bad taste in my mouth and I have no interest in seeing Justice League.

6 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Only thing I'm really looking forward to in April is Everybody Wants Some. Might check out Hardcore Henry and BVS again since I got some free movie cash for it. 

Well Everybody Wants Some is technically a March release (teeheehee)

It looks good, but I'm not seeing it in theaters since I'm not a fan of high school movies in general (maybe because I'm past the age to be liking them?).

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Dude listen to what you guys are actually arguing. I guess rooting against rival sports teams or political candidates because some lower level employees may lose jobs in their failures is a terrible thing? 

Rival sports teams generally don't fire lower level employees due to bad performance? As for political candidates, well I think the stakes are a little higher there than entertainment.

• Like 1

Just now, Water Bottle said:

Rival sports teams generally don't fire lower level employees due to bad performance? As for political candidates, well I think the stakes are a little higher there than entertainment.

They fire scout and trainers all the time when teams struggle.

• Like 2