WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Jane Got A Gun lost 85% of its theaters on its 2nd week-end and 98% the week-end after.

Allegiant performed like shit.

Pretty sure everyone was laughing at them in the numbers threads, me included. :ph34r:

I laugh at the numbers.

I don't actively root for any movie to fail. 

I go to the movies to escape stresses of life. At the time I don't stress about my own personal issues, I'm certainly not going to stress whether or not the person who did Gadot's hair is going to be able to do it for JL1. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Cause generally CAL we deal with movies that are already done or people don't root against movies that are 2 weeks away from shooting. If JL was like a year away from beginning shooting, Tele wouldn't be saying anything.

I guess I'm sort of miffed at how rooting against BvS translates to you like jobs being killed due to JL potentially getting shut down. Its never been that way here for most if not all of us. People just don't like this and/or MOS & don't want to see anymore Snyder adaptations. It seems pretty simple.

Edited by GiantCALBears

Just now, ddddeeee said:

She sets the alarm an hour early so they can fuck before they go to work.

Dang my man can still go for an hour at his age?

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

FWIW, I thought the whole F4 thing here last summer was really ugly too. I just didn't have to deal with it as much as this.

They're just movies.

I completely understand the argument about collateral damage, and that seems fair.  I guess the counterargument would be that a Justice League film that is delayed for a while and, as a result, is well-received critically and does even better financially, would mean that the DCEU takes off, adding more giant films to their slate and thus creating more stable jobs in the future.  Another Snyder-helmed film with similar results might just scuttle the entire enterprise, meaning no more jobs for anyone beyond JL.

Short-term pain for long-term gain.  

Edited by MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Magic said:

The people working on JL1 might not, but the crew on the next film in production lined up afterwards will be in the same position as the crew for JL1 would be if they delayed it. 

Exactly. At some point in time someone is going to be the odd man out if the negativity continues to roll with the DCU. Like they've got 9 films lined up off of this movie. 

How many people are going to lose their jobs if WB makes yet another stinker on the level of BvS because they didn't regroup and it winds up putting an entire slate of films in jeopardy?  All those potential jobs on those planned for blockbusters won't be filled.  Smaller riskier films on the slate might get shuttered because the blockbusters aren't bringing in enough money to cover for their potential loss.    And when profits get cut and losses accrue other people lose their jobs.  Maybe not the CEO, or if he does he'll do it with a golden parachute - but assistants, secretaries, mail room, maintenance, marketing etc will lose their jobs.   WB had a huge round of layoffs, about 10% of their workforce to cut $200m annually just a year and a half ago.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Magic said:

The people working on JL1 might not, but the crew on the next film in production lined up afterwards will be in the same position as the crew for JL1 would be if they delayed it. 

it's not quite the same as it would be if it got dropped / delayed at the last minute. Think of crew members as contractors. If they lose their contract at the last minute then they are going unemployed briefly, and have no income, as it may take a while to arrange each job.

• Like 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

How many people are going to lose their jobs if WB makes yet another stinker on the level of BvS because they didn't regroup and it winds up putting an entire slate of films in jeopardy?  All those potential jobs on those planned for blockbusters won't be filled.  Smaller riskier films on the slate might get shuttered because the blockbusters aren't bringing in enough money to cover for their potential loss.    And when profits get cut and losses accrue other people lose their jobs.  Maybe not the CEO, or if he does he'll do it with a golden parachute - but assistants, secretaries, mail room, maintenance, marketing etc will lose their jobs.   WB had a huge round of layoffs, about 10% of their workforce to cut $200m annually just a year and a half ago.

exactly, this whole speculation on people's jobs is silly. People lose jobs all the time, get over it. let's let them worry about that.

• Community Manager
Just now, GiantCALBears said:

I guess I'm sort of miffed at how rooting against BvS translates to you like jobs being killed due to JL potentially getting shut down. Its never been that way nor is it here for most if not all of us. People just don't like this and/or MOS & don't want to see anymore Znyder adaptations. It seems pretty simple.

This isn't even about rooting against BvS. It's just directed at the people who explicitly are asking Snyder be fired from JL/JL getting delayed. That's it.

• Like 2

Well I'm glad the thread is better. Not.

If anything, the only thing I will remember from BvS is how horrible the forum was during its run. We're only 1 week in. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Deadpool is now the #1 movie worldwide from the X-Men Universe.

$352,633,934 + $396,500,000 = $749,133,934

Since we cant talk much about BvS, can we all agree Deadpool is the box office story of the year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Smaller riskier films on the slate might get shuttered...

Fair points, but let's be honest, studios aren't really in the business of making small, risky movies these days. :lol: They'll let the indies do them and then buy them.

edit: there is also a bit of a difference between being a salaried employee and a freelance worker (which is basically 99% of the crew).

• Like 2