WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

14 hours ago, eddyxx said:

The same thing when they filmed this

And this

And this

Yet all these scenes are still better than the title fight in Batman vs Superman.

#HailNolan

Honestly, I've never had an issue with the fight scenes in TDKR, I actually think they fit the tone and setting of the film just fine, so hail Nolan indeed. 

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

So, I'm doing some really heavy extrapolating, but at the current rate of underperformance, my calculations have BvS's final domestic gross at $285 million.

48m weekend will put it at 259m dom. 26m away from 285m.

Well seen God's Not Dead 2 tonight with my family since my mom really wanted me to go and I feel like it wasn't as bad as the first (not saying much) although there were definitely some eye rolling moments.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Like the Asian guy's father disowning him because he's now a Christian or you know the same thing that happened to the Muslim in the first movie. Also outside the courthouse all the Christian protesters are quiet and innocent while the teach don't preach protesters are loud and screaming at the Christian protesters. 

8 minutes ago, a2knet said:

48m weekend will put it at 259m dom. 26m away from 285m.

Yeah, my forecast based on the current performance has it falling less like a rock and more like a crashing fighter jet. I think it's overly pessimistic, but then again I only have eight data points to work with, which is less than ideal for statistical modeling.

Edited by johnboy3434

1 hour ago, Rman823 said:

Well seen God's Not Dead 2 tonight with my family since my mom really wanted me to go and I feel like it wasn't as bad as the first (not saying much) although there were definitely some eye rolling moments.

Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Please don't post spoilers

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

So, I'm doing some really heavy extrapolating, but at the current rate of underperformance, my calculations have BvS's final domestic gross at $285 million.

lol yeah that's too low, BvS $330 is a given but $350 is iffy at this point ....

17 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

It won't fall 70%+ every day, that's just ridiculous. It happened this week-end because of correction toward the heavy front-loading of the movie.

• Like 1

I tried watching Heaven Is For Real because it made so much money so I was curious (plus I like the cast). I couldn't finish it. My brain is just not wired that way. I don't buy it. The dad obviously exploited his son's near-death experience to write a book about it and made up all that stuff. This confirms something I've always believed: don't trust religious people. 

12 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Please don't post spoilers

I don't think spoiler alerts matter for this movie. Virtually everyone on this site (most likely everyone that lurks too) is never going to see it under any circumstances.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

It won't fall 70%+ every day, that's just ridiculous. It happened this week-end because of correction toward the heavy front-loading of the movie.

I'm not using 70% every day. I'm taking an average of the day-to-day percent changes from Clash of the Titans and Furious 7, and combining them with the gross from BvS's opening Friday (sans Thursday pre-shows) to form a blueprint for a hypothetical "average" box office run.* Then I ratio the actual for each day to its "average" counterpart. The ratios for each day form my time series, which I then have software determine a model for, and use that model to forecast ratios for future days, from which I can calculate daily grosses.

*For those curious, this "average" run ended with a domestic gross of $379 million.

Edited by johnboy3434

7 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm not using 70% every day. I'm taking an average of the day-to-day changes from Clash of the Titans and Furious 7, and combining them with the gross from opening Friday (sans Thursday pre-shows) to form a blueprint for a hypothetical "average" box office run.* Then I ratio the actual for each day to its "average" counterpart. The ratios for each day form my time series, which I then have software determine a model for, and use that model to forecast ratios for future days.

*For those curious, this "average" run ended with a domestic gross of $379 million.

hmmm ok odd, because up above this page you listed BvS edning with $285, and down here you have it $379. Either way $379 is too high at this point, and $285 is too low. I would say roughly if it's lucky it will hit $350 using 2.1x multiplier after this weekend.

Edited by Subzero