WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

It's not likely to make $300. Zootopia is a Look to make $300, it needs $24,1 to get there, and coming from a $20 weekend, it would need to make 1,2 times this weekend (something that even BvS might achieve from OW). The question now is: can it pass Minions?

Star Wars still showing those epic drops. It has been dropping around 20% every week for the past month. At this point it's still hard to say exactly where it's gonna end up because of that.

Fantastic for Zootopia, seems like the sky is the limit for it!! I can't wait to see this movie in english. Only French here, as with all animation movie, sadly :( 

I have to see 10 CL now, incredible drop. That was hard to predict based on previous performance of this movie, this is a huge surprise.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is there a "The Boss over BvS" club for next weekend created? Because I would join.

Does that movie have even a shred of buzz to it?

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Star Wars still showing those epic drops. It has been dropping around 20% every week for the past month. At this point it's still hard to say exactly where it's gonna end up because of that.

Fantastic for Zootopia, seems like the sky is the limit for it!! I can't wait to see this movie in english. Only French here, as with all animation movie, sadly :( 

I have to see 10 CL now, incredible drop. That was hard to predict based on previous performance of this movie, this is a huge surprise.

It's going to be a long ass time before the DVD comes out. You might have to make a day trip out of seeing it in English.

Suicide Squad's trailer views are insane, it's going to make bank, no doubt about it, and the buzz surrounding it seems pretty great, the Joker is going to be the main attraction obviously, the marketing so far is great, put the emphasis on the Joker and Harley Quinn and Deadshot in the coming months, throw in some more Batman in the new trailers, tv spots and you got gold. 

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes close to BvS.

Horrendous drop for BVS. The sad part is that it dropped almost 69% with no competition. With HP7.2 level competition ala a 65 m opener like CA: TFA, this might have dropped well over 75%.

Pathetic.:sadben:

Edited by jb007
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Boxofficerules said:

What are the chances that BvS will be number 3 next weekend behind The Boss and Hardcore Henry?

I think all three films could be pretty close to the same number. Henry is hard to predict though

6 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Suicide Squad's trailer views are insane, it's going to make bank, no doubt about it, and the buzz surrounding it seems pretty great, the Joker is going to be the main attraction obviously, the marketing so far is great, put the emphasis on the Joker and Harley Quinn and Deadshot in the coming months, throw in some more Batman in the new trailers, tv spots and you got gold. 

If SS does close to BvS domestically, I think WB will be happy but it'll give them ammunition that Snyder was the problem with BvS and likely he won't be back for JL II (not that I think he would do it, it looked exhausted from BvS)

Edited by Jonwo

10 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Won't it all really depend on how good Suicide Squad is? What happens if it's on the same level as Batman & Robin or Catwoman?

• Like 1

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

Won't it all really depend on how good Suicide Squad is? What happens if it's on the same level as Batman & Robin or Catwoman?

Its David Ayer. I expect at the worst it'll be pretty good.

All movies actually had good drops. Zootopia, Cloverfield, Deadpool all had good drops. Zootopia's is on another level though. Like hot damn. I wonder how it would have fared in terms of its domestic gross had it opened on Valentine's Day instead of say a movie like Deadpool. With the kind of drops its having, I wouldn't be shocked at $400M domestically had it opened then. 

I guess everyone went to see all the movies that have already been out instead of the new movies that just came out this weekend. Except for BvS. Even MBFGW2 had a good hold...I'll admit I'm shocked by its success. I thought it would be Zoolander 2 2.0. :ph34r: