kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Have they said yet if there will be a theatrical release of the directors cut?

Why would WB want to put a 3 hour version of it in theaters? More importantly, why would theater chains want to screen it when the original version hasn't been setting the box office on fire?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bishop54 said:

No we're talking this version, the current version.

I know, but they won't let the cat out of the bag, um I mean bat out of the bag until closer to the when the extended version is released. In whatever format. IMO.

1 minute ago, Talkie said:

Why would WB want to put a 3 hour version of it in theaters? More importantly, why would theater chains want to screen it when the original version hasn't been setting the box office on fire?

Like Sony did to its employees with Spectre, someone has to be punished for BvS. And they will need to stretch it out as long as possible for their transgressions.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

Just now, Sam said:

This 'director's cut' thing has gone way pass the hilarious point and enter deep into the very sad territory. Seriously.

It happens with every superhero movie, people were doing it last year with Ultron. People did it with Force Awakens too. We've got a few people who are really, erm, aggressively pushing it here

It's so silly

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

BvS is surpassing MoS and IM2 therefore it's a success to DCU. Reviews might hurt MoS 2 happening but looking ahead the film provides solid bases, the reactions towards Baffleck and WW were overwhelmingly positive.

If 60% stands then it's crash is accelerating,  next week will be more than 60% with massive premium screen loss.  IM2 in play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It happens with every superhero movie, people were doing it last year with Ultron. People did it with Force Awakens too. We've got a few people who are really, erm, aggressively pushing it here

It's so silly

People always think more is better. They always reference the great Directors Cuts (Kingdom of Heaven) and just assume every movie would benefit from "more."

Edited by Jayhawk

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It's so silly

In this case it seems to be DC and Snyder aggressively pushing it.  I can't recall it every being to the extent of releasing deleted scenes to tease it when the movie has only been out a week.  It's pretty much acknowledging that the movie they're showing in the theaters isn't enough.

Just now, MrPink said:

Like Sony did to its employees with Spectre, someone has to be punished for BvS. And they will need to stretch it out as long as possible for their transgressions.

When you've watched the five hour assembly cut of Batman v Superman... then you have my permission to die

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

It will be over 800M in a few days. So......

......so what's your point? Yes I'm aware the movie has made money. So have the Transformers movies. So did Fifty Shades of Gray. Should we all clap our hands and throw a parade because a movie with Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman is going to make $800M? However unlike those movies BvS is in jeporady of making half of its box office in its first weekend. What a monster. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ent said:

I know the movie is bad but i still doubt Gitesh....60% drop after a 69% one, under such tiny level of competition would be completely crazy....total implosion !

I mean, Godzilla pulled it off, although it was off of a 66% drop.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

In this case it seems to be DC and Snyder aggressively pushing it.  I can't recall it every being to the extent of releasing deleted scenes to tease it when the movie has only been out a week.  It's pretty much acknowledging that the movie they're showing in the theaters isn't enough.

I am sure the deciders would not allow a longer version. Limited engagement might be a different story.

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

I don't think I've ever actually watched a Director's Cut. Well okay, the one for Zodiac but it has a grand total of like 2,5 minutes of new stuff. 

I've watched a few, can't recall seeing one I thought was better than the theatrical cut. Yes that includes Blade Runner

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

I don't think I've ever actually watched a Director's Cut. Well okay, the one for Zodiac but it has a grand total of like 2,5 minutes of new stuff. 

You have to have seen the extended versions of LOTR, right?

And the 4 hour Dances With Wolves is great too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

When you've watched the five hour assembly cut of Batman v Superman... then you have my permission to die

But just think an extended funeral scene where they show the musicians painstakingly putting on their bagpipes and tuning them up....riveting stuff!

Just now, Chewy said:

I've watched a few, can't recall seeing one I thought was better than the theatrical cut. Yes that includes Blade Runner

Da fuck.

The Theatrical Cut of Blade Runner is the worst because of Ford's narration. Shit is paaaaaaaaaaaaaaainful

Just now, Chewy said:

I've heard some of them almost ruin the movie. I've avoided the DC of Amadeus like the plague cuz I've heard nothing but bad things about it.