kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

Just now, vc2002 said:

I'm positive WB expected, or at least hoped.

Sad for them.  Nobody goes out and tries to make a bad film with the exception of a few parody ones but WB knew what they were getting into from the atrocity that was Man of Steel.  I think they tried but they needed something fresh and well versed: trying to copy the Avengers wasn't it. 

12 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

True. In speciality box office, it's weird Eye in the Sky is doing so well; I legitimately had no idea of its existence until a couple days ago. Good for it 

Hopefully Midnight Special's expansion goes well. I kinda want to a double of Everybody Wants Some and another indie movie next week.

Eye in the Sky is terrific. Reviews are great and the movie is a WOM hit. I saw it last Monday.

12 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

So when we getting the Jungle Book backgrounds??

Monday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohana said:

How am I lying if I'm stating facts?
If BvS passed 1B ppl like you would set another bar saying "Oh, it didn't pass 2B - it's a flop"

That is the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. I'm not sure how deep your denial is, but it's fucking ugly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

guytrefler  pop hit hammer toad

Please, report something if you feel it is worth it. And I say this to every member. 

If you guys see anything that is poisoning the well just report it. It will be easier for us. 

10 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Is WB lying when they said 750 is break even ?

Provide a source and a link otherwise you're just making up numbers to fit your narrative. In fact I know it's such because WB has never even put out a number. No studio does that. However its been stated numerous times by various sources that this movie needs to at least make $900M WW some even saying $1B to make a profit from its theatrical run. And even if $750M is the break even point, WB would make $100M-$120M off of this. I'm sure that's what they were expecting when they spent all this money on production and marketing. 

Edited by Nova

3 minutes ago, Ohana said:

How am I lying if I'm stating facts?
If BvS passed 1B ppl like you would set another bar saying "Oh, it didn't pass 2B - it's a flop"

If BvS passed 1b, it would have been at the very least a moderate success. But it didn't, which is why we are discussing it's disappointment.

Suggesting we would consider 2b, a bar only 3 films have ever passed, to be a benchmark of success, is ludicrous. In fact, I now feel stupider for having retyped your suggestion. Thank you.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well, it has a shot at $14 million.

And its legs can still extend more.

I know,  but as was expecting 16M after several poster said this was going to end there after first estimates.  

Just now, CJohn said:

Eye in the Sky is terrific. Reviews are great and the movie is a WOM hit. I saw it last Monday.

Monday.

Eye in the Sky really benefited from going wide last weekend. Hell, WB should have tried releasing Midnight Special wide then.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Please, report something if you feel it is worth it. And I say this to every member. 

If you guys see anything that is poisoning the well just report it. It will be easier for us. 

That would be tiring. lol

Just now, langer said:

I know,  but as was expecting 16M after several poster said this was going to end there after first estimates.  

Some people pointed out that a sub 30% drop is never a bad thing, especially on a 6th weekend.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Eye in the Sky really benefited from going wide last weekend. Hell, WB should have tried releasing Midnight Special wide then.

Midnight Special was DOA. Eye in the Sky is a WOM hit. Dame Helen Mirren slaying. Plus all hail Alan Rickman. 

Since when a sub 2.0 multiplier is anything but Toxic WOM? TDK and TDKR are both way darker than BvS + summer weekdays and they still pull 3.37x and 2.79x multiplier.

And some of you seriously take passing a $58M budget movie and a C-list Marvel movie as achievements?

BvS has 2 out 3 most popular superheroes on Earth and its trailers views are second only to Star Wars VII.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Baumer said:

More moderation:

It's pants pissing time.  You guys have been warned over and over and over again.  You have no idea how not cool this shit is to keep going at it all the time.  This DC/Marvel stuff is over.  And if it's not, then we're just bringing out Lucille and banning you for 24 hours.  When we send people to warn you, you kill that.  When we send more people to warn you about that last warning, you kill that too.  So here's how it's going to be.  The next time this stuff gets going again, we're cracking skulls.  You can breathe, you can blink, you can cry.  But you will be banned for 24 hours.

This is the weekend numbers thread.  If you want to talk about how bad the drop is for BvS, have at her....but the other shit goes in the appropriate threads.

walking-dead-jeffrey-dean-morgan-negan-s

While I hope users got this reference (and you nailed it) why do people have to keep reminding me of this episode.....:sadben:

Was letdown for days and it's a long wait from here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If BvS passed 1b, it would have been at the very least a moderate success. But it didn't, which is why we are discussing it's disappointment.

Suggesting we would consider 2b, a bar only 3 films have ever passed, to be a benchmark of success, is ludicrous. In fact, now feel stupider for having retyped your suggestion. Thank you.

I was ofc exaggerating with the 2B to make my point how far some ppl will go here to make their argument win
But they would invent another number just to trash it.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Some people pointed out that a sub 30% drop is never a bad thing, especially on a 6th weekend.

Next weekend is going to be the real test IMO. Even if both Jungle Book and Zootopia are Disney one is bound to affect the other.

18 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Please. I love both DC and Marvel, but BvS achieved nothing positive regarding BO. Couple of most famous superheoes cannot beat Guardians of the Galaxy? Lol

Whata a juggernaut this movie is... :sadben:

guardians beat many top Marvel tiers as well. Incl Iron Man, Thor, Cap.

10 minutes ago, cookie said:

After a $25m OW.

Missing $250m after a $166m OW would require a 90% drop on its second weekend. No massive opener (or any wide release for that matter) no matter how bad is going to fall that hard.

F4 still only 56 million. it started on 16 million. BvS started on 166 million its now almost 150 million more after its OW. See how much wrong there is in your math

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

Provide a source and a link otherwise you're just making up numbers to fit your narrative. In fact I know it's such because WB has never even put out a number. No studio does that. However its been stated numerous times by various sources that this movie needs to at least make $900M WW some even saying $1B to make a profit from its theatrical run. 

UPDATE, 12:19 PM: Warner Bros’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice is now looking like it will come in lower with a decline of 50%-55% for $23.1M-$25.65M, which is just shy of the three-century mark with a running cume through its third weekend of $296.4M-$298.9M. Now, Warners wasn’t expecting the Zack Snyder film to cross $300M this weekend, but rather during CinemaCon this coming week. I hear that the magic number internally which will really make Warner execs truly happy is $800M.

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

Since when a sub 2.0 multiplier is anything but Toxic WOM? TDK and TDKR are both way darker than BvS + summer weekdays and they still pull 3.37x and 2.79x multiplier.

And some of you seriously take passing a $58M budget movie and a C-list Marvel movie as achievements?

BvS has 2 out 3 most popular superheroes on Earth and its trailers views are second only to Star Wars VII.

just keep telling yourself that. it will never be true ;)