kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Next weekend is going to be the real test IMO. Even if both Jungle Book and Zootopia are Disney one is bound to affect the other.

I've heard people handwave that and say that Drive-In theaters will help Zootopia. If anything, Jungle Book will clear out all of the theaters showing DeadpoolAllegiant and Miracles From Heaven.

I still think another sub 30% is in order.

1 minute ago, mredman said:

guardians beat many top Marvel tiers as well. Incl Iron Man, Thor, Cap.

F4 still only 56 million. it started on 16 million. BvS started on 166 million its now almost 150 million more after its OW. See how much wrong there is in your math

Ever heard of percentages ? Of proportions ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mredman said:

guardians beat many top Marvel tiers as well. Incl Iron Man, Thor, Cap.

F4 still only 56 million. it started on 16 million. BvS started on 166 million its now almost 150 million more after its OW. See how much wrong there is in your math

just keep telling yourself that. it will never be true ;)

$800M is $50M more than $750M. Try again. But since BvS is going to end at $850-$870M it's only going to make between $50-70M for WB...again I'm sure that's exactly what they were expecting when they spent all this money and marketing for this film. And again give me Deadpool, GOTG and DOFP over this as a studio exec. 

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

I think there's a misunderstanding going on here.

Another poster originally argued that if BvS's WOM was as bad as implied, it wouldn't even make $250m.

I argued that since BvS opened to $166m, not even WOM as bad as Fant4stic would give it that awful legs, and no wide release in history has had less than a 1.5x multiplier (unless it was a week-only event), regardless of how bad it was recieved.

Hope that clears it up.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ohana said:

I was ofc exaggerating with the 2B to make my point how far some ppl will go here to make their argument win
But they would invent another number just to trash it.

So your argument is:

DC's largest film ever is beating second tier Marvel films

DC's largest film ever losing to TDK and TDKR means nothing because both those films have excuses for crossing 1B

DC's largest film ever under-performing compared to studio expectations is meaningless

DC's largest film ever making only 900m is ok because the success line was 1b instead of 2b.

Am I getting you wrong anywhere?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

While I hope users got this reference (and you nailed it) why do people have to keep reminding me of this episode.....:sadben:

Was letdown for days and it's a long wait from here. 

If they just showed who died the episode would've felt worth all the build up. AMC is a cocktease

31 minutes ago, Ohana said:

800M this week, I know it's hard for u to accept this but BvS is ALREADY a huge success and grossed more than many Marvel BO hits.
Deal with it.

I don't care how much BvS makes. I thought the movie was OK (6/10), so I don't hate it. Doesn't make your delusion any smaller, though.

BvS needed $1 billion to be a decent hit (Taking into account characters involved). It will almost certainly fall way short of that.

13 minutes ago, bladels said:

How the hell does God's not dead 2 get an A? :sadben:

Remember: Cinemascore is a measure of a movie's enjoyment factor by the people who see it. Yeah, if a randomly selected group of people were thrown into a screening of GND2, they would probably hate it. But these aren't randomly selected people: They're people who wanted to go see GND2. And the Cinemascore represents whether or not it met their expectations. So the A simply means "If you think you want to go see God's Not Dead 2, you will greatly enjoy it". If it didn't look like your kind of movie, then the Cinemascore is irrelevant. By comparison, BvS's B score means "If you think you want to go see Batman v. Superman, you'll find the experience mildly disappointing" (since the scale is skewed positive, a B+ is considered average and a C or below is considered failing).

While people like to do so, the fact of the matter is that Cinemascores really aren't comparable from movie to movie. It's only useful if the movie looks appealing to you to begin with, and different movies appeal to different people.

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 7

41 minutes ago, Ohana said:

800M this week, I know it's hard for u to accept this but BvS is ALREADY a huge success and grossed more than many Marvel BO hits.
Deal with it.

A movie that pulls in less money than it cost to make is not a huge success, no matter how much it pulls in.

Deal with it.

5 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

So your argument is:

DC's largest film ever is beating second tier Marvel films

DC's largest film ever losing to TDK and TDKR means nothing because both those films have excuses for crossing 1B

DC's largest film ever under-performing compared to studio expectations is meaningless

DC's largest film ever making only 900m is ok because the success line was 1b instead of 2b.

Am I getting you wrong anywhere?

Yes, you're getting it all wrong cause ppl here said BvS is a flop
I'm sorry - Beating Iron man and Deadpool is beating 2nd tier films?
BvS is a huge success for WB no matter how u'll try to turn it.
Is it on the level of Marvel success? ofc not, but for WB it's a huge step forward after 18 rough months.

DERBY UPDATE:  Early look at top 15. All can re-arrange this week.  Very close!

Rolling Thunder 91.223
WrathofHan 90.500
moviecriticguy 89.514
TalismanRing 89.288
Matrix4You 88.561
bapi 88.305
8wombi7 88.215
Digoron 87.843
Simionski 87.676
CJohn 87.651
Dipper 87.403
Water Bottle 86.852
boxofficeth 86.613
damienroc 86.452
jj99 86.243
  • Like 3

MODERATION:

None of you knows how much BvS needs to make to give a profit. So stop with this stupid argument right now. None of you can prove if it needs 800M or 1B or whatever. None of you. So stop derailing this thread into pages and pages of stupid nonsense arguments about something none of you can really prove and offending each other because of it. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Matrix4You said:

DERBY UPDATE:  Early look at top 15. All can re-arrange this week.  Very close!

Rolling Thunder 91.223
WrathofHan 90.500
moviecriticguy 89.514
TalismanRing 89.288
Matrix4You 88.561
bapi 88.305
8wombi7 88.215
Digoron 87.843
Simionski 87.676
CJohn 87.651
Dipper 87.403
Water Bottle 86.852
boxofficeth 86.613
damienroc 86.452
jj99 86.243

RIP the tournament. I had a good run this time.