kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: 23.48 M THE BOSS | 23.44 M BVS: DOJ | 14.35 M ZOOTOPIA | 5.10 M HARDCORE HENRY

14 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

April right now is starting to feel like April 2013. 

Not even close to that month.

Undoubtely, TJB/Barbershop3 combo will provide a huge improvement over April 2013.

And this year we have 5 weekends in April.

After this weekend, April 2016 has grossed 275M.

I'm guessing 30M + 160M + 50M + 130M + 40M + 80M = 490M for the rest of the month

765M April 2016 vs 635M April 2013

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, cannastop said:

Some people pointed out that a sub 30% drop is never a bad thing, especially on a 6th weekend.

Just saw that the Sunday estimate was much higher.  Just a reminder to myself to never fully trust the Saturday weekend estimates!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, langer said:

Just saw that the Sunday estimate was much higher.  Just a reminder to myself to never fully trust the Saturday weekend estimates!

Why would you, anyways?

Also, you can't even fully trust the Sunday estimates.

9 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Movie making is a long process that you dont get to know whether you did it right or not untill you see the result.

Exactly.  That is the point though.  They knew what they had and saw essentially the finished product as far back as August of 2015.  They had another 9 months after seeing that mess when they could have fixed it with anything from editing to re-shoots.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, vc2002 said:

Movie making is a long process that you dont get to know whether you did it right or not untill you see the result.

This deserves many likes.

Remember that on Fury Road, both Hardy and Theron thought Miller had lost his mind. And not just during parts of filming, they still thought that even after they were done. When they saw the end result they were blown away.  But at the time, two very experienced actors in the middle of making a film that ended up winning, what, 6 oscars, thought they were in a direction-less, unwatchable piece of crap being directed by a madman with Alzheimers.

23 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Remember that on Fury Road, both Hardy and Theron thought Miller had lost his mind. And not just during parts of filming, they still thought that even after they were done. When they saw the end result they were blown away.  But at the time, two very experienced actors in the middle of making a film that ended up winning, what, 6 oscars, thought they were in a direction-less, unwatchable piece of crap being directed by a madman with Alzheimers.

I don't think anyone disagrees with all of that.  The point with BvS is they had an essentially finished product last summer.  They knew what this film was going to be like way back then and had 9 months to fix it.  

25 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Weren't there also rumors that Hardy and Theron didn't really get along while making the movie? Wouldn't surprise me if they were true but yeah, you never know.

• Like 2

Was surprised a couple of days back when I saw that Tammy's multiplier was 4x - 21.5m ow/84.5m dom. On closer inspection realized it was a Wed release and had a 5-day ow of 33.3m. So legs not really stellar/4x but still good.

Edited by a2knet