kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 2.72 M BVS: DOJ | 1.58 M ZOOTOPIA

25 minutes ago, Sal said:

Does anyone else find it amusing that SWXII is picking on a kids' movie rather than anything in vaguely the same genre/age range as BVS?

Funnier that it's such a losing battle since even if BvS manages to scrape past Zootopia domestic, WW Zootopia will kick BvS's butt. B)

• Like 1

Imo bvs might be rank 4 amongst these year cbm

1. Civil War

2. Deadpool

3. Apocalypse/BvS

4. Doctor Strange/Suicide Squad

If u told me last year that bvs might not be rank at top 3 i said u are crazy

But now its looks more likely to happen

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Funnier that it's such a losing battle since even if BvS manages to scrape past Zootopia domestic, WW Zootopia will kick BvS's butt. B)

It's happened before in 2013 

frozen and man of steel 

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

It the x men movie is as good as what I am hearing it will be the highest grossing CBM movie domestically and civil war will make less than 350 million 

I'm looking forward to both.  I have no problem with Xmen outgrossing Cap Civil War.  It will be a first for an Xmen movie (not counting DP) to reach 300m. But I wouldn't count Civil War out of this. If it's good it could gross 400m. Both will probably out gross BvS.

Edited by ecstasy

4 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

It the x men movie is as good as what I am hearing it will be the highest grossing CBM movie domestically and civil war will make less than 350 million 

You have been hearing from whom?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

If it will be anywhere near the trailers quality I think it won't pass even 250M domestically.

Edited by Ohana
Correction

17 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

DOn't get me wrong, I'd love for X Men to finally get some love as I actually tend to prefer them above the other CBMs and I've been looking forward to Apocalypse on a big screen since the first X-Men movie but the truth is; I doubt it. Even if this X-Men movie has the biggest numbers of the franchise(and think/hope it has a shot at getting close to $1 billion WW) Civil War is still going to be too big for it.

PS: Why add "movie" after "CBM" if CBM basically means "Comic Book Movie"?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

I dont think x men gonna achieve more than civil war tbh

Their DoFP didnt even gross more than CA:WS

Thats their full line up with ian mckellen, patrick stewark and halle berry of past xmen generation. Now wolverine dont even show up for apocalypse

Realistically apocalypse not gonna win against CW with avengers and spiderman imo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sal said:

Does anyone else find it amusing that SWXII is picking on a kids' movie rather than anything in vaguely the same genre/age range as BVS?

People have been gloating about Zootopia doing better  than BvS, is your criticism extending to this also? 

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

X-Men films seem to have a box office ceiling and Apocalypse's trailers have been so poor that even if WOM is amazing the film can not gross nearly enough to beat Civil War, expecially since it is a summer film where legs are not best.

In 2011, First Class domestic take couldn't outgross CA first movie.  Same on a worldwide base and this despite having a better critical rate

In 2014, same story, DOFP despite having the old cast and more room to increase its BO (Winter Soldier was released four weeks before Spidey at home and three weeks before it overseas), couldn't overtake CA Winter soldier on a domestic take nor Xmen Last Stand.   It however got a big bump overseas, eased by the world cup that made most big studio releasing their tentpoles after it, letting basicly DOFP compete with itself for a longer period than usual in a lot of markets.

I don't see Apocalypse with a new cast and a weird continuity to really root and increase an already tinier

fanbase than the one of the MCU to even touch BvS domestic take let alone Civil War.  They will open with a $50M gap at the very least and that gap will increase.

I actually feel that without the old cast, Apocalypse will be in a position where it will have to retain from DOFP not increase from it.  I feel like it will fall between First Class and DOFP and may end up doing half of Civil War domestically and worldwide.

• Like 2