CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

So if this opens above 100 (like I think it will now), will this affect Civil Wars opening in anyway from families who go to this instead of another super hero movie?

This doesn't have a ton of competition for families besides Civil War and Angry Birds all the way until the end of May.

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

So if this opens above 100 (like I think it will now), will this affect Civil Wars opening in anyway from families who go to this instead of another super hero movie?

This doesn't have a ton of competition for families besides Civil War and Angry Birds all the way until the end of May.

This will have zero effect on Civil War. Families aren't picking between Jungle Book or Civil War. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

This will have zero effect on Civil War. Families aren't picking between Jungle Book or Civil War. 

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too especially with the combination of Iron Man, Captain America, & Spider Man...but didn't Furious 7 have some effect on AOU when it broke out too? That was also unexpected and I thought it did.

But this is a different story then AOU because I think the reviews will be much much stronger. 

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Shit just got real.

Who opens the 

Jungle Book over BvS Dom ?

Lol, I have a 90/335 prediction somewhere so yeah, it was happening even before the Friday numbers was revealed.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

RTH's high end could allow JB to touch 110m, though that would require a very small Sunday drop.

This is playing so huge that the Sunday drop should be small. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Maybe for the first week but I think they can exist together.

If you look at the May schedule, neither face a lot until the end of the month.

Come to think of it, if Zootopia has crazy legs, Disney could have a weekend where Civil War, Jungle Book and Zootopia are all in the top 5.

I know they're all going to be in the top 10 at least.

• Like 1

annoyed I didn't do the Derby this weekend as I've been saying this would do $100 million OW for months. That'll teach me. 

I'm seeing the film tomorrow but all I'm hearing is people going nuts for it. This one is sailing past BvS imo.  Two clear weekends ahead for it before Civil War arrives.