CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

10 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't know what to expect from Tarzan, early buzz isn't good but there seems to be a bit of interest.

Its not going to be a big hit but it'll do enough that WB won't get another embarrassment to justify.

I trust Yates, through from what I hear there has been some studio intervention and early buzz has been mixed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The Sword in the Stone would be fun. 

this is being done i think. i was listening to a podcast with bryan cogman last week and he said he was writing it and watching the adventures of robin hood for inspiration, which is cool. i'd like to see more films in that style.

This year really needs some mid-range hits that aren't megablockbusters. Kung Fu Panda 3 is the only $100M+ grosser to not make it to $300M+, and the only other movies that have made over $70M are Ride Along 2 and 10 Cloverfield Lane.

• Like 3

Zack Snyder's

The Black Cauldron.

R Rated.

No jokes, no smiles Policy.

Rain.

Only Night Scenes.

More Grimdark than anything Frank Miller has ever done.

Do it Disney, change the paradigm.

This era of vanilla, boring  movies has to stop.

Edited by The Futurist

Brilliant for The Jungle Book. Should do over $100 million opening weekend and $1+ billion worldwide total is happening. 

Jon Favreau can now do whatever the hell he wants. Personally, i would like to see him do another small indie film before he does another big budget movie.