CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

34 minutes ago, Chinoiserie said:

So when do you think Disney will announce animated films will get the live-action remakes first? It is so frustrating to keep hoping for Mulan and Sword in the Stone and be pretty certain that the Cruella prequel and Dumbo are the ones we will get.

Mulan is in production I thought.

The Boss:

Remainder of this week: 3M (43.4M total)

Apr 22: 4.6M (1.5M weekdays, 49.5M total)

Apr 29: 2.2M (700k weekdays, 52.4M Total)

May 6: 1.2M (400k weekdays, 54M total)

When all is said and done it should make a little under 60M giving it a 2.5 multi. When you consider the reviews it isn't bad, but when you consider McCarthy's track record it's weak. This doesn't bode well for Ghostbusters past the first weekend if reviews are on the level of The Boss.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BVS run:

Remainder of this week: 2.6M (313.9M total)

Apr 22: 4.1M (1.2M weekdays, 320.2M 319.2 total)

Apr 29: 1.7M (500k weekdays, 322.4M 321.4 total)

May 6: 700k 

Not seeing a scenario where it makes over 327-328M

FTFY

My BvS predictions for the next week, based off the weekend estimates.

Monday: $622 thousand (-74.9%)

Tuesday: $832 thousand (33.7%)

Wednesday: $538 thousand (-35.3%)

Thursday: $376 thousand (-30.1%)

FOURTH WEEK TOTAL: $11.4 million (-60.8%)

Friday: $796 thousand (+112%)

Saturday: $918 thousand (+15.3%)

Sunday: $752 thousand (-18.2%)

FIFTH WEEKEND TOTAL: $2.47 million (-72.6%)

PROJECTED NINE-WEEK DOMESTIC GROSS: $321 million (1.93x, 2.32x sans Thursday previews)

Edited by johnboy3434
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm over 300% so I'll be missing out on Neighbors 2 and Angry Birds.

But at least I'll get an extra 2 million from Hardcore Henry. :sadben:

I am gonna miss out on Neighbors as well and I didn't even invest in Jungle Book :sadben:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

My BvS predictions for the next week, based off the weekend estimates.

Monday: $622 thousand (-74.9%)

Tuesday: $832 thousand (33.7%)

Wednesday: $538 thousand (-35.3%)

Thursday: $376 thousand (-30.1%)

FOURTH WEEK TOTAL: $11.4 million (-60.8%)

Friday: $796 thousand (+112%)

Saturday: $918 thousand (+15.3%)

Sunday: $752 thousand (-18.2%)

FIFTH WEEKEND TOTAL: $2.47 million (-72.6%)

PROJECTED NINE-WEEK DOMESTIC GROSS: $321 million (1.93x, 2.32x sans Thursday previews)

-72.6%?:rolleyes:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Extremely OT, but I came across this when I was looking at Buena Vista's top grossing films.

Remember when Wild Hogs made $168M domestic ($212M adjusted!)?

One moment in time. If they made the same exact movie with the same cast today given where their careers currently stand, it wouldn't even make $20M in total.

15 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

For those who have seen Jon Favreau's TJB.....wonder what the sequel will be about?

Maybe Bagheera & Baloo brings Mowgli to the man-village in the next one. That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Well there's tons of different stories the Kipling book.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

Extremely OT, but I came across this when I was looking at Buena Vista's top grossing films.

Was bashed on RT. Another critic proof comedy. I thought it was silly but it must have struck a chord with middle aged men going through manapause.

51 minutes ago, Truckasaurus said:

True story, my sister and brother-in-law picked Wild Hogs for their big anniversary date night one year...I was thinking, "Really?!" on the inside for a dozen different reasons (you have the rare child-free night to celebrate your years of wedded bliss and you pick that???), but wished them well and played the dutiful babysitter. 

So many $300M+ movies already, you wonder what will flop down the road to make up for it...

59 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

-72.6%?:rolleyes:

Why not? Furious 7 dropped 62.7% on its fifth weekend, and BvS has been consistently underperforming it. It's entirely possible that today is the last day that BvS makes over a million.

Edited by johnboy3434

13 minutes ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

True story, my sister and brother-in-law picked Wild Hogs for their big anniversary date night one year...I was thinking, "Really?!" on the inside for a dozen different reasons (you have the rare child-free night to celebrate your years of wedded bliss and you pick that???), but wished them well and played the dutiful babysitter. 

So many $300M+ movies already, you wonder what will flop down the road to make up for it...

Huntsman, Alice, Now You See Me 2, Warcraft, Tarzan and Ice Age all in the next few months.  I think X-Men and Star Trek will disappoint as well.  

• Like 1