WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's been a while since a movie has come along that literally feels like everyone involved only made out of contractual obligation or had favors they needed to return as much as this does.

It can't possibly be as bad as Leonard Part 6. I've never felt so uncomfortable during a movie, for the sole reason that every person onscreen acted like they would rather be somewhere else. The apathy was palpable, man.

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

It can't possibly be as bad as Leonard Part 6. I've never felt so uncomfortable during a movie, for the sole reason that every person onscreen acted like they would rather be somewhere else. The apathy was palpable, man.

Thats because they were all on roofies:ph34r:

new deadline numbers within the hour. cant wait to see their projections

lets review so far

on wed they said zoo was likely to be 47-48m lol. on Friday, 52-57m.  im sure they will come in with high 50s within the hour and it will wind up at 60m+

hunt was high 20s on wed. mid 20s after mn number now 21-23. will it stay above 20m?

BS3 was stated at 8m Friday afternoon. im sure they'll say closer to 9m but of course screwing up the multi and it will be closer 10m

expected Friday multis

JB 4.1

hunt 3

BS3 3.8

zoo 4.2

boss 3.2

bvs 3.7

• Like 2

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

It's been a while since a movie has come along that literally feels like everyone involved only made out of contractual obligation or had favors they needed to return as much as this does.

Paychecks probably had as much to do with it as anything else. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

Just got back from GREEN ROOM. So much fun. It's like a gleefully violent B movie with art house sensibilities. Imogen Poots steals the movie. She

Spoiler

slits so many throats and stomachs and blows so many heads off with her shotgun. 

I hope it does well but it's probably too niche to break out. $10M is the ceiling. 

13 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Paychecks probably had as much to do with it as anything else. Not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

I understand that but at the same time...couldn't they gotten these actors to fulfill those obligations or collect those paychecks in an original big budget movie or anything else but...this? Because good grief.

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

I feel bad for Chastain. She's been so good at picking out roles since her breakthrough only to end up forced to do this shit. I hope The Zookeeper's Wife is good to make up for it. I liked the book. 

She wasn't forced. That's bullshit. Chastain and Blunt were each paid $5 million for this movie. That's not indentured servitude.

3 minutes ago, TLK said:

She wasn't forced. That's bullshit. Chastain and Blunt were each paid $5 million for this movie. That's not indentured servitude.

Someone posted that Chastain was contractually obligated to do it. Idk if it's true, it's just what I read on here. It does happen. Blunt had signed on to play Black Widow and had to drop out b/c Fox forced her to do Gulliver's Travels. From Deadline, 2009: 

I’ve already posted my scoop that Mickey Rourke will play the Russian villain in Iron Man 2 in a Marvel Studios deal that started out lowball and went up a lot. Now I’m told that Emily Blunt won’t be in the sequel and Black Widow will now be played by Scarlett Johannson. (Interesting because Scarlett actually screen-tested for the role and didn’t get it.) But I hear that, unlike Mickey’s money, the deal for her is “just the opposite, a terrible deal made by CAA,” one of my insiders says. “It’s as bad as any deal that I’ve heard. It’s lowball money. And it ties her to countless movies, including that ensemble The Avengers, which is what makes this brutal for a lot of actors.” As for Blunt, I’m told she fell out not by choice but only because Fox exercised an option that the studio had from The Devil Wears Prada to make her do the upcoming film starring Jack Black, Gullivers Travels.

http://deadline.com/2009/03/another-iron-man-2-exclusive-scarlett-johannson-will-replace-emily-blunt-in-iron-man-2-8763/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Someone posted that Chastain was contractually obligated to do it. Idk if it's true, it's just what I read on here. It does happen. Blunt had signed on to play Black Widow and had to drop out b/c Fox forced her to do Gulliver's Travels. From Deadline, 2009: 

So she signed a multi-film deal and is also getting paid for it.

I'm hard-pressed to believe that Fox made Blunt circa 2005, when nobody knew who the heck she was (The Devil Wears Prada was the first time anyone saw her in anything) and likely didn't even have an agent, sign a multi-film contract.

14 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Well there's this information from an unidentified source. Take it with a grain of salt of course.

"It turns out, that the price for admission into last year’s Crimson Peak for Jessica Chastain, was a contractual obligation to Universal for a film to be named later. And every single frame that her and her just awful accent are in screams of being forced to be there. No heart, no soul and absolutely no care for the job at hand. This usually exciting to watch actress looks as insulted to be there as I felt to be watching this loathsome film". 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis
  • Like 2