WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates (Page 30): The Jungle Book - 60.8M (96M OS) | The Huntsman: Winter's War - 20.1M | Barbershop 3 - 10.8M | Zootopia - 6.6M | BvS - 5.5M

Pets will break out, but 300M seems a bit too high. At least for now. Maybe I'll be dead wrong, and I hope so as I'm rooting for it to be great, but yeah, we'll see.

About Zootopia staying in the top 5 until Angry Birds, I think there's a very slim chance that happens. I think it'll drop out next weekend, unless Barbershop has another steep 50% drop, but I think that's slightly more unlikely than the other way around. This is how it could go:

1. The Jungle Book - 42M
  2. Keanu - 20.2M
  3. The Huntsman: Winter's War (assuming that it debuts at around 20M) - 9.6M
  4. Ratchet & Clank - 7.1M
  5. Barbershop: The Next Cut OR Zootopia - ~5.5M

Judy's been a lucky girl for a long time, so it could happen, but it's not an easy feat at all. And this is without even considering a potential wide release for Green Room here.

• Like 1

Updated Huntsman predictions based on Friday estimates...

Saturday: $7.42 million (+2.01%, +18.3% sans Thursday previews)

Sunday: $3.97 million (-46.4%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $18.7 million ($17.7 million sans Thursday previews)

PROJECTED TOTAL DOMESTIC GROSS: $50 million (2.68x, 2.83x sans Thursday previews)

Edited by johnboy3434

1 minute ago, johnboy3434 said:

Updated Huntsman predictions based on Friday estimates...

Saturday: $7.42 million (+2.01%, +18.3% sans Thursday previews)

Sunday: $3.97 million (-46.4%)

OPENING WEEKEND TOTAL: $18.7 million ($17.7 million sans Thursday previews)

PROJECTED TOTAL DOMESTIC GROSS: $60.8 million (3.26x, 3.44x sans Thursday previews)

The first one did 2.76x. This one will go below 2.5x.

• Like 1

I doubt Keanu is do much more than 10m 

As for 300m I think ID2 is 50/50 that it hits the mark. Same for FB. Depends on how much the HP fans show up for it and if can bring in any knew ones. 

Definitely CW, FD and RO. So that's:

DP, Zoo, BvS, JB, CW, FD and RO. We just need something else to get there. 

GB isn't touching 300m. It would have to big time surprise and turn out great for that to happen. I can see it getting to 200 IF it's actually good. 

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Marketing has been strong, I'm expecting high-teens

I've hardly see any ads on TV and I watch a lot of television, plus Key & Peele's appeal is still more on the "niche" side of business. With Captain America right around the corner, I imagine that audience will just opt to wait until it's available to rent for the most part.