CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Trying to waste some time before seeing this in a little while so I'll play:

High tier: Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Conjuring 2 (please don't be a letdown), Jason Bourne
Mid-to-high: BFG (last trailer really brought me down but its Spielberg), Finding Dory, Independence Day: Resurrection, The Life Of Pets
Middle - Probably wait for Web DL: Warcraft, Alice Through The Looking Glass, TMNT 2, Tarzan, The Nice Guys, Pete's Dragon, Now You See Me 2
The rest: I'll watch on Web DL when they become available 

Web DL?

Anticipation:

High/Must See: Civil War, Nice Guys, Apocalypse, Conjuring, Star Trek, Bourne, Suicide Squad, Sausage Party

Mid to high: Dory, Independence Day, Pets, Ghostbusters

Some interest: Warcraft, BFG, Purge, Lights Out, War Dogs

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

40 minutes to showtime...

20160505_182212_zps3wgjdv3g.jpg

Man, I actually wish I can see a big movie on opening night in an empty theater like this, once. 

But anyway, relevant to CW, cancel the damn weekend, it's doomed! 

• Like 1

After Captain America, here's everything for this summer:

Will See: Neighbors 2, The Nice Guys, Alice, X-Men, Finding Dory, Independence Day, The BFG, The Secret Life of Pets, Ghostbusters, Star Trek, Jason Bourne, Suicide Squad, Sausage Party

Probably See: Money Monster, Central Intelligence, Free State of Jones, The Shallows, The Founder, Pete's Dragon, War Dogs

And no to everything else pretty much.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

Man, I actually wish I can see a big movie on opening night in an empty theater like this, once. 

But anyway, relevant to CW, cancel the damn weekend, it's doomed! 

Naw... the best thing about seeing a movie on Thursday is watching all the fan boys going crazy. 

It is a little underwhelming tonight.  'Course the last preview I saw was TFA and everything will pale in comparison. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

So, what's your bar for over/underperforming on CW? I deliberately put my estimate right on that line, so I'm saying $199M. Anything less than that, I see as "disappointing". Anything more, and I consider it "doing well".

Under AoU is disappointing, over 210 is over-performance. Anything between those two is fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I prefer the crowds as long as they're boisterous in the right way. 

Texting and Facebook addiction has ruined it. Nothing worse than cell phone screens lighting up in your field of vision while you try to watch the movie. I'm seeing Cap 3 on Monday evening because I hope it'll be a lot less crowded. 

9 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Naw... the best thing about seeing a movie on Thursday is watching all the fan boys going crazy. 

It is a little underwhelming tonight.  'Course the last preview I saw was TFA and everything will pale in comparison. 

I do enjoy a good crowd too. But once a while, a nice quiet theater mostly to myself is also sweet. 

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

How many seats are in that auditorium? 

Beats me. Pretty big but not one of the 4 big theaterscreen in this AMC 24. The IMAX is about 80% full with 5 to go. 

See you all on the other side. 

• Like 1