CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Not even comparable. Tele is senile and irrational in his hatred :ph34r:  I don't hate, I'm just not impressed for good reasons. 

But hey, like I said, you can have your fun, I won't stop you. I can even play along for the sake of it ^_^

Welcome to the club. You will fit into this forum with ease.

FYI: Tele said once that he worked right across the street from the studio that made that movie where Robert Redford and Nick Nolte go hiking in the woods. That explains everything.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

I'm thinking 180-190M now instead of my initial 190M.

Only 14 m higher OW than a certain other superhero movie?

That would be shocking considering CW is tracking ahead of AOU in some areas.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How are we thinking Money Monster does next weekend? Okay or sink like a stone? The marketing campaign has been kind of muted given the talent behind it.

It's going to do less than 8M. Marketing has been weak and supposedly the movie isn't very good per someone on Awards Watch.

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

High tier: BFG, Dory, Swiss Army Man, Bourne, Suicide Squad, Sausage Party, The Nice Guys

Mid-to-high: Cap, X-Men, Money Monster, Popstar, Conjuring 2, The Founder, Kubo

Middle: Warcraft, Free State of Jones, Pets, Pete's Dragon, War Dogs

Probably wait for TV: Alice, Tarzan, TMNT

Meh: The rest.

Anways, I'm so happy the summer season has begun! Not just for the numbers and films, but it's my first time in the Derby. Can't wait to see how awful awesome I do.

Trying to waste some time before seeing this in a little while so I'll play:

High tier: Captain America: Civil War, Suicide Squad, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Conjuring 2 (please don't be a letdown), Jason Bourne
Mid-to-high: BFG (last trailer really brought me down but its Spielberg), Finding Dory, Independence Day: Resurrection, The Life Of Pets
Middle - Probably wait for Web DL: Warcraft, Alice Through The Looking Glass, TMNT 2, Tarzan, The Nice Guys, Pete's Dragon, Now You See Me 2
The rest: I'll watch on Web DL when they become available 

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's going to do less than 8M. Marketing has been weak and supposedly the movie isn't very good per someone on Awards Watch.

I'm still gonna see it but I can't say my expectations are too high at this point unfortunately.