CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Wow. This is crazy. Imagine if this didn't get great reviews. I think having two big cbms before it has had an effect as well.

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man will ensure a 92 million Saturday and an 85 million Sunday. Plus mothers will show up en masse because Evans is hot...

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

I think we can say 2% certainty that people are saving their hard earned cash for Uncharted 4 on Tuesday

Imagine if it was coming out today lmao. Empty parking lots everywhere. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I'd like this 1000x if I could lol

One of the dumbest things I've ever heard regarding box office. Sometimes I just don't get people. 

That would be like if TFA got mixed WOM and I decided to boycott the next Star Trek movie out of spite even though I actually liked the last two movies lol. 

This is why the Marvel DC war is so stupid. People did not go see Batman V Superman because it was DC, they didn't go because they heard it was a bad movie. 

Look at the WOM comparison at the same time of release (aka Flixster rating for Civil War compared to where it was for BvS). It was not just the critics who were saying what they did.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TLK said:

I am thinking that maybe Marvel has peaked domestically. There are tens of millions of people who show up because it is a Marvel movie but there are also tens of millions who have already seen enough Marvel movies to last a lifetime or weren't interested in MCU. Between the two groups there aren't any agnostics left.

If Infinity War 1 and 2 fail to hit 208 m OW then I'll agree with you.

How many people avoided this movie because Avengers wasn't in the title or because AOU disappointed them?

If Infinity War 1 and 2 are great movies and still can't hit 200 m OW then I'll agree. 

Just now, CJohn said:

Imagine if it was coming out today lmao. Empty parking lots everywhere. 

I surely wouldn't be at the theater.

Spoiler

Because I saw it last night :ph34r:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

Poor Captain America. The movie will increase about +80% from predecessor in its opening weekend and we are sad by its number.

F'ng Tony Stark and company had to ruin it.

BOM prediction - $210 million?

BO.com prediction - $214 million?

What the hell happened?

:angry:

Blame BKB and Spidey...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man will ensure a 92 million Saturday and an 85 million Sunday. Plus mothers will show up en masse because Evans is hot...

I'm kinda worried for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE.

6 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Wow. This is crazy. Imagine if this didn't get great reviews. I think having two big cbms before it has had an effect as well.

I am thinking same. 

Xmen Apocalypse is going to be a major casualty. Just wait and watch. 

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Jesus fucking Christ.

NSFW under the spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Actually looks a lot like the old Chuckie Cheese animatronics that they have since retired (can't wait for the Five Nights At Freddies movies). 

Those things scared me so much in the early 90s as a kid.

Despite knowing CACW will make a hundreds of millions in profit, it is worth pointing out that it's prod budget was the same as AOU at 250 million. CAWS was only at 170 million. So it will make a big profit, but I feel a little silly comparing this to CAWS since it is clearly an Avengers level production across the board. It should pull in 450 dom, so it will make a few hundred million in pure profit. But now I know why my earlier estimates were so off. This was never a CW sequel. It was always an Avengers movie and Marvel put up the money to demonstrate that via prod budget and marketing campaign.

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I think we can say 2% certainty that people are saving their hard earned cash for Uncharted 4 on Tuesday

and another 3% for the Deadpool blu ray ;) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

Poor Captain America. The movie will increase about +80% from predecessor in its opening weekend and we are sad by its number.

F'ng Tony Stark and company had to ruin it.

BOM prediction - $210 million?

BO.com prediction - $214 million?

What the hell happened?

:angry:

Overexpectations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I am thinking same. 

Xmen Apocalypse is going to be a major casualty. Just wait and watch. 

I predicted that back around Deadpool. Still excited for it but will feel bad if it majorly underperforms and ends up being good.

Hey, is anyone in NYC going to see Captain America 3 in 4DX? It basically turns the movie experience into a theme park ride. It costs more than $28 per ticket, though.

I was just surprised to see the option, and apparently it just opened just yesterday. I've seen it on Japanese theater listings, though.