CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

Just now, FTF said:

Is BKB ok??

he is going through a brain freeze like Rain Man and still saying it will make over $225 million and make $80 mil on Saturday and so on.  Then repeats that over and over :P 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FTF said:

Is BKB ok??

Not really. He is predicting a 85M saturday and a 75M Sunday. He has fully lost it. 

• Like 1

Let's not forget this is a Captain America movie and not an Avengers movie.

Winter Solider made only 95M opening weekend. This film is on track to open in the 180s.

That's almost double the opening it's predecessor did and you guys call it a disappointment? 

I think you might have set your expectations to high and now you're just upset this didn't meet them. 

• Like 1

I don't blame TFA for over-expectations since it was always expected to do big numbers. Maybe not as huge as it actually did, but still big.

I blame JW. Since that movie over-performed out of nowhere, everyone expects any highly anticipated blockbuster to cruise pass 200m OW.

The #s for CW right now are great. Plain and simple.

• Like 5

I went to see it tonight and it was sold out! Who would have thought a movie would be sold out in Louisvile, KY on Derby weekend?!  So I saw Keanu instead and it was so stupid. 

It doesn't get any better for Civil War, The Dark Knight Rises is on TNT, and Iron Man 2 on FX.

I mean, everybody is gonna be pinking for this tonight.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Box Office Freak said:

Let's not forget this is a Captain America movie and not an Avengers movie.

Winter Solider made only 95M opening weekend. This film is on track to open in the 180s.

That's almost double the opening it's predecessor did and you guys call it a disappointment? 

I think you might have set your expectations to high and now you're just upset this didn't meet them. 

When people walk up to the box office to buy tickets do you think they are asking for tickets to see "Captain America" or "Civil War"?

8 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I predicted that back around Deadpool. Still excited for it but will feel bad if it majorly underperforms and ends up being good.

Same here. It was never going to do CW and BVS numbers and after deadpool, I knew there was no way Xmen apocalypse was going to be as big. Infact, don't be surprised if ends up being the lowest grossing CBM of this year domestically.

Edited by marveldcfox

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

BKB's legacy will always live on in parking lots everywhere!!

Live from America:

Well fuck, that's the 2nd showing of Civil War I've had to miss today. Never saw such a line at Eastgate since Twilight. 9:00 it is...maybe.

the line for civil war was dummy long

In line for Civil War. This should be a national geek holiday.

Did-that-go-the-way-you-thought-The-Othe