CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:

Lololol I feel dumb fro raising my OW predict from 170m to 185m for the summer game now.

!!! I can't believe I fell for the hype. I was going to put 175 million before I decided to browse through what other people were putting. I ended up putting 200 million. Thank goodness I wanted my week zero points though because if I could have edited I would have moved it up even higher.

gwhucQ2.gif

2 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Don't you mean 9 years? Spidey 3 was the first film to break the $150m barrier over 3 days. 

I meant as in the first time people will actually leave a Spidey movie excited to see the next one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

slightly disappointing considering the cinematic debuts of Spider-Man and Black Panther in the MCU

Black Panther is an unknown character to most of the general public. I don't think his appearance would have added much to the opening weekend gross regardless. 

• Like 1

Bonus. I bought Maltesers at Woolworths for half price. $2.10 when they're about $6 at the theatre. 

It's day 10 of release here and this Saturday afternoon large format session is 90% full. 

Bad Neighbours 2 has no large format screens here. It's all Civil War. 

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I beg you @Rth, save us from this madness with holy numbers!

:sadben:

RTH will deliver the knockout blow with $71-$73 million Friday and Gitesh being right with his sources. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

77 is what the number is, not 73.. How can anyone trust DEADLINE over Rth??

To be fair rths numbers were from hours ago. Looking like mid 70s unless it gets a west coast bump today.

Just imagine you were a casual box office follower. Another words not a fanatical Looney like the way we are at this site. You go look up The Winter Soldier's box office and see that it open to 95 million and grossed 240 or whatever it did. Then you look and see that this film is going to open to about 165 million dollars. You would think to yourself holy crap that is a huge increase compared to the last one. This is why when people tell you that you're conservative predictions are stupid and ridiculous and way off that they need to check themselves as well.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Just imagine you were a casual box office follower. Another words not a fanatical Looney like the way we are at this site. You go look up The Winter Soldier's box office and see that it open to 95 million and grossed 240 or whatever it did. Then you look and see that this film is going to open to about 165 million dollars. You would think to yourself holy crap that is a huge increase compared to the last one. This is why when people tell you that you're conservative predictions are stupid and ridiculous and way off that they need to check themselves as well.

At the very least it is going to be in the top 6 OW of all time and people are bitching.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

But this isn't really a sequel to just WS...as many of us have stated already, it's really Avengers 2.5 or 3.  But it's a massive OW and only seems less such because many got nuts with their $200m+ predictions, etc.

• Like 2