CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Apparently Angry Birds is a lot of fun:

Film Review: ‘The Angry Birds Movie’

http://variety.com/2016/film/reviews/the-angry-birds-movie-review-1201768669/

THR gave it a good review too

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

Oh, and btw....now that I understand a bit more about the Infinity Stones, I like Guardians of the Galaxy a whole lot more.  Like way more. :)

I'll certainly watch it again in it's entirety.  

Good man.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Most likely, I will see this again tomorrow at some point.. I'm still recovering somewhat from the 14 hour Marathon, then saw this again last night.. To me, this felt like the quickest 2 and half hours for a movie like this.. So much was going on, it's impossible to process it all in 1 viewing much less 2.. You know something MR.PINK?? I think if Nolan saw this movie, he'd actually appreciate it??

nod agree robert redford jeremiah johnson slow zoom 

I have no doubt.

Nolan's taste has been described to be not very pretentious. He loves Michael Bay films after all

I guess when I first saw GOTG I didn't really get what the big fuss was.  But now that the stones were mentioned in CW and I wiki'd the Infinity Stones, it all makes a lot more sense.

Just now, Telemachos said:

You might've converted Baumer, but you'll never convert me! Muahahaha 

/twirls mustache 

/slinks off

So you're an embittered governing official stung by past failures to control superhero fans now plotting your next scheme to control the latest successful initiative....

oh my god...

Captain-America-Civil-War-Trailer-1-Gene

@Chewy @Sam

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

/twirls mustache 

/slinks off

Enjoy your Martha....

Lol

:sadben:

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

/twirls mustache 

/slinks off

Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.  I hated GOTG when i first saw it, so saying I like it more doesn't necessarily mean I think it's great.  Not yet anyway.  I'll see how I feel when I watch it in its entirety again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I have no doubt.

Nolan's taste has been described to be not very pretentious. He loves Michael Bay films after all

Heck he just casted Harry Styles in his new movie. If that isn't teddy bear-huggable, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Heck he just casted Harry Styles in his new movie. If that isn't teddy bear-huggable, I don't know what is.

He's just catering to his main demographic.

Mid 20's Asians who sing along to 1D in the car and then turn the volume knob down at traffic stops and switches over to some Classic Rock

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I guess when I first saw GOTG I didn't really get what the big fuss was.  But now that the stones were mentioned in CW and I wiki'd the Infinity Stones, it all makes a lot more sense.

First Dark Knight Rises and now this? Mark my words, B, you'll eventually think The Artist, Citizen Kane, and all Pixar films (excpet Cars 2) are masterpieces. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I have no doubt.

Nolan's taste in his own films itself is not very pretentious :ph34r:

JtqPVE.gif

Edited by a2knet

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Well, let's not start sucking each other's dicks just yet.  I hated GOTG when i first saw it, so saying I like it more doesn't necessarily mean I think it's great.  Not yet anyway.  I'll see how I feel when I watch it in its entirety again.

Baumer's coming around.  He's finally recognizing the genius of the only truly great Marvel film.

2 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

First Dark Knight Rises and now this? Mark my words, B, you'll eventually think The Artist, Citizen Kane, and all Pixar films (excpet Cars 2) are masterpieces. ;)

image.png?w=500&c=1

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

He's just catering to his main demographic.

Mid 20's Asians who sing along to 1D in the car and then turn the volume knob down at traffic stops and switches over to some Classic Rock

adorable-cute-dimples-goofy-Favim.com-27

• Like 3

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Wait, you don't think movies like Wall-E, Inside Out and Toy Story are masterpieces?

YOU CORRUPT MAN. OR CREATURE. OR WHATEVR YOU ARE.

Inside Out is very good.  The others?  Uh....NO

22 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So you think that they are just considering the domestic box office when they allocate a budget to the film?  WS made 714 million dollars.  This one is going to make a minimum of 1.2 billion.  And that's just for starters.  They also just bought the rights to Spider-man.  ASM films were disasters and now they need something to pique interest in the new film coming out next year.  Mission accomplished.  Next they need to get this film done so that Infinity Wars is viable.  Also done.  The domestic box office is never the sole factor in what kind of budget is allocated to a film.  Yes 250 million is a bonkers amount of money, but when you are looking at north of a billion dollars WW and you need to get Spider-man rebooted and you need the next Avengers two part film to be viable, then sinking 400-500 million dollars into this movie makes perfect sense.  ASM2 made 700 WW.  Do you have any doubt now that now that Disney is in charge of Spidey and Iron Man is going to be part of the first film, that it will probably make more than a billion?  So before you call this a disappointment, think of the big picture, not tiny pixel of it.

Very good post.