CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

One thing that's been made clear to me though, I think there is a ceiling to MCU films. There hasn't been too much outperformance since IM, TA, IM3 (oh and GoTG). Get ready for some insane Infinity War predicts that will fall flat.

IW1 400 million opening or bust!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

People gotta remember this is basically 3rd captain America film in 3 YEARS an its Iron Man's 6th movie! The fact this shit is still pulling in these numbers is insane.

Stop making sense, Jay.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

People gotta remember this is basically 3rd captain America film in 3 YEARS an its Iron Man's 6th movie! The fact this shit is still pulling in these numbers is insane.

:bravo:

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

I wouldn't say stupid but people are kind of missing the big picture

I wouldn't say stupid either. There's the overzealous and unreasonable fanboys. And then there's the opportunistic fellas. 

So previews fell about where everyone about guessed it. 

Think the Box Office will end up somewhere between 180 - 205.

Like I said in another thread, I'm just stoked the movie was as good as it was. If the box office comes in lower because of the serious material that's okay. We got a better movie because this wasn't The Avengers. WOM will continue to increase throughout the weekend.

Some say oh critics are wrong (or they were paid off in another case) but check out the score there now. Really cool to see this!

DwfO3WM.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

No one knows or cares.. On that note, this bares 0 effect on CIVIL WAR this weekend..

Fantastic!. So you have no means and no excuse whatsoever when this one will fail to gross your $85 million Saturday?

:ca:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

I pray the non existing Gods the next estimates won't be lower ...

:stretcher:

But that would be more interesting than it's going up :ph34r: 

I mean, I would seriously fear for the sanity of some here, but still...

Witnessing both the Friday thread for BvS and CW a sports metaphor perhaps?

BvS is kind'a like that super athlete who decides to enter the Summer Olympics and everyone told you, you were too big to fail that you should be getting that Gold Medal no contest. So he trains hard for 3 long years, even postponing the Winter Olympics in between. He held his prelims in private, not wanting analysts to know. Until a few days before the competition, when he sprains his ankle rotten. He manages to still enter the race but finished just slightly out of the medal round (or Bronze if you count $166M as it).

Civil War is kind'a like that athlete who surprising qualified well in the Winter Olympics so people were expecting him to at least place somewhere in the medal round at Bronze. But he held open prelims weeks in advance before the competition, and his scores were so high and buzzing through the roof, that analysts started believing he might actually get the Gold. He enters the race, but he might have put too much trust on his prelims, however he still might end up finishing with a Silver Medal with a Gold Medal still within sight... (dot, dot, dot).

• Like 3