CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

I know deadline is more recent, but over ruling Rth. I mean their back up web address in case the site crashes is deadwrong.com

You may regret that thread title. Laugh at god and he will shit on you and use your bed sheets to wipe his ass :o

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

I know deadline is more recent, but over ruling Rth. I mean their back up web address in case the site crashes is deadwrong.com

You may regret that thread title. Laugh at god and he will shit on you and use your bed sheets to wipe his ass :mellow:

Rth's numbers were 74-77M. Not that much of a difference (less than 5%), if the West Coast brings it back up to that range or higher, we will update again. The rule has always been to update with latest numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

You may regret that thread title. Laugh at god and he will shit on you and use your bed sheets to wipe his ass :mellow:

But his update was about 8 hours ago.

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Heh, good one :rofl:.

The Joker is iconic and transcends the genre.

The rest isn't that impressive. 

For me, Batman The Animated Series is definitive Batman. 

I'll take that over "We must transcend comics", Law and Order Batman any day of the week.

• Like 1

One thing that I really hope happens now is that people realize just how hard it is to hit a $200m weekend, even in this 3D/PLF era.  You can have a hugely buzzy film with very high critical acclaim that is part of a highly successful franchise that is well known to the GP and still come up way short.

Why?  Who the hell knows, beyond luck and kismet.  Sure, lots of us can point to reasons after the fact.  And, sure again, timing has something to do with it.  But to absolutely expect it as a lock beforehand?  Just too many unknowns.

So, let this be a lesson to us all to appreciate just awesome and special the weekends were for TA, JW, TFA, and even AoU* (which came a little short),

There will be $200m weekends in the future, perhaps soon in the future.  But let's make sure to appreciate them for what they are when they come and not expect them for every film we really really like.

• Like 4

1). Captain America: Civil War (Disney) 4,226 theaters / $74M-$76M Fri. (includes $25M previews) / 3-day cume: $176.4M-$182M / Wk 1

2). The Jungle Book (DIS), 4,144 theaters (+103) / $5.3M Fri. (-48%) / 3-day cume: $23.6M (-46%) / Total Cume: $286.7M / Wk 4

3.) Mother’s Day (OR) 3,141 theaters (+106) / $2.1M Fri. (-26%) / 3-day cume: $8.4M (0%)/Total: $20.1M/Wk 2

4). The Huntsman: Winter’s War (UNI) 2,901 theaters (-901) / $988K Fri. (-63%) / 3-day cume: $3.8M (-60%) / Total Cume: $40.6M / Wk 3

5). Zootopia (DIS), 2,077 theaters (-410) / $675K Fri. (-46%) / 3-day cume: $3.3M (-38%) / Total cume: $328.3M / Wk 10

6). Keanu (WB/New Line) 2,681 theaters  (+23)/ $861K Fri. (-75%) / 3-day cume: $2.9M (-69%)/Total cume:$14.9M/ Wk 2

7.) Barbershop: The Next Cut (WB), 1,734 theaters (-576) / $625K Fri. (-62%) / 3-day cume: $2.6M (-57%) / Total cume: $48.7M / Wk 4

8.) Ratchet & Clank (GMY/FOC) 2,895 theaters (+4) / $434K Fri. (-71%) / 3-day cume: $2M (-58%)/Total cume: $7.7M /Wk 2

9). The Boss (UNI), 1,933 theaters (-890) / $455K Fri. (-62%) / 3-day cume: $1.8M (-57%) / Total cume: $59.2M / Wk 5

10). Batman v Superman (WB), 1,593 theaters (-737) / $263K Fri. (-72%) / 3-day cume: $1.1M (-71%) Total cume: $327.3M / Wk 7

16 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Heh, good one :rofl:.

TDK is not a true Superhero movie, it's well made for the most part. but I find it incredibly pretentious for trying to avoid be associated with SH films like there is some kind of stigma surrounding them. and it has awful action scenes, Bale has almost no range as Bruce Wayne, and it's pretty much a joker film. I thought Ben Affleck was way better as Bruce, and well BvS wasn't even very good. but yeah it's also pretty much responsible for ruining MoS and the DCEU so far. Civil War deals with serious themes, while still remembering that is in fact a Superhero film and comic book movie. it has ground-breaking action scenes, well development characters with clear motivations, excellent performances, and almost everything works despite them having to deal with like 10 characters. I know my opinion is not what the masses think, but it will never change on this. so let me have it.

P.S I am not a big Batman fan and never have been so why would I love it so much?

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olive said:

5). Zootopia (DIS), 2,077 theaters (-410) / $675K Fri. (-46%) / 3-day cume: $3.3M (-38%) / Total cume: $328.3M / Wk 10

10). Batman v Superman (WB), 1,593 theaters (-737) / $263K Fri. (-72%) / 3-day cume: $1.1M (-71%) Total cume: $327.3M / Wk 7

tumblr_inline_o4hbqfDeYm1re489d_500.gif

• Like 6

1). Captain America: Civil War (Disney) 4,226 theaters / $74M-$76M Fri. (includes $25M previews) / 3-day cume: $176.4M-$182M / Wk 1

DAMN! DEADLINE already has the Friday numbers up! Usually it takes them until 1AM!

Holy shot batman that increase for TJB is awesome - right around +200% if it holds.... lol at huntsman managing to stay in top 5 and Zoos hold is alright all things considering will definitely overtake BVS now this weekend 

Preview percentage of opening day:

TA1 - $18.7m/$80.81m = 23.14%

IM3 - $15.6m/$68.86m = 22.65%

TA2 - $27.6m/$85m = 32.47%

CW - $25m/$74-76m = 32.9%-33.7%

More frontloaded compared to all the other big openers. On Saturday, TA1 jumped 12% and IM3 jumped 17% from Friday business. A 20% jump is needed to hit 60M on Saturday and if it holds 25% on Sunday, it will be at 45M.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Is that a misprint?  Mother's Day isn't going to drop at all this weekend?  :o

It will increase on Sunday. I am sure Mother's Day will get a huge Mother's Day boost. It is the right length, short enough for families to go for brunch and catch a movie, inoffensive enough and stars recognizable names.

• Like 1

Just now, grim22 said:

It will increase on Sunday. I am sure Mother's Day will get a huge Mother's Day boost. It is the right length, short enough for families to go for brunch and catch a movie, inoffensive enough and stars recognizable names.

Well, then good for Open Road for releasing it at the right time.